September 30, 2024, 12:19:37 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you ever use portable consoles in public?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 10, 2011, 12:01:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

y/n

Yes
7 (63.6%)
No
4 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

August 10, 2011, 12:01:10 PM Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 12:06:28 PM by Tectrika
I don't think I ever have, which is kind of ironic considering they're designed to be used outside the home.  I spend the overwhelming majority of my time with handhelds a room across from the one I play home console games in, so the "portable" factor doesn't really do much for me. sillydood;

i might spend 5% of my time with handhelds in a car or in a hotel room on vacation or something, but even then, it's always in private

I use handheld consoles because I care about the games they offer, not their convenience, so they're not very different from home consoles for me. n_u

[spoiler]In addition, the sight of someone using a dedicated handheld console in public makes me causes me to immediately view them as a huge nerd. n_u[/spoiler]

Andria

All the time.

50% of my ds use is outside of the house

Nyerp

god no

wait does an airplane count as a public place

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Nyerp on August 10, 2011, 12:04:48 PM
god no

I hope not. sillydood;

but i've probably spent .001% of my portable gayming time on a plane so it doesn't make much of a difference for me anyway girl;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on August 10, 2011, 12:04:48 PM
god no

i would consider it one

it's public transportation after all

anyway yeah i will sometimes play a portable in public...mostly in the aforementioned public transportation environments (and i've spent an awful lot of time on buses and planes in the past 4 years), but sometimes i will use my ds between classes at school, just sitting around outside or something. i don't do it a lot, but still.

don't let's

No because I don't really have any space in my pockets for the handheld device. Though when I was younger I used to play on the Game Boy outside or in stores sometimes.

And yeah it does seem nerdy.

Commander Fuckass

During middle school I would play my GBA while in the auditorium waiting for classes to begin
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

YPrrrr

As a kid I did all the time but now I don't really... It's as if I bit into forbidden fruit and now feel shame

Thyme

I played games on my iPord Torch during lunch breaks at work. 5thgrade;

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on August 10, 2011, 12:47:55 PM
I played games on my iPord Torch during lunch breaks at work. 5thgrade;

that doesn't count :'(

Thyme

Quote from: Tectrika on August 10, 2011, 12:48:59 PM
that doesn't count :'(

smartphones are the future of portable gaming, deal w/ it 5thgrade;

[spoiler]dat wall n_u[/spoiler]

[spoiler]inb4 the ipod touch isn't a smartphone
close enough madood;[/spoiler]

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Thyme on August 10, 2011, 12:53:29 PM
smartphones are the future of portable gaming, deal w/ it 5thgrade;

[spoiler]dat wall n_u[/spoiler]

[spoiler]inb4 the ipod touch isn't a smartphone
close enough madood;[/spoiler]

i meant it doesn't count because it doesn't look like a gaming device, you wouldn't be labeled as a nerd playing games on a phone because you could be doing something social like texting n_u

Thyme

Quote from: Tectrika on August 10, 2011, 12:55:06 PM
i meant it doesn't count because it doesn't look like a gaming device, you wouldn't be labeled as a nerd playing games on a phone because you could be doing something social like texting n_u

I play a lot of games that use the gyroscope. I probably look like a huge retard playing them. 5thgrade;

Tri4se

I got a hair cut at a salon a week or so ago. I was playing Chrono Trigger on my DS when a hot girl sat down with her mom. There wasn't much room on the bench so she was pretty close and it was awkward.

Wrench

I will be doing that a lot when school starts. During my breaks, I'll play my 3DS instead of bringing a laptop.

Go Up