September 28, 2024, 07:21:17 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

the LEGEND of zelda

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, August 04, 2011, 06:43:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

timeline theories are terrible

yes
0 (0%)
yes
1 (6.3%)
YES
11 (68.8%)
no y/n
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

August 04, 2011, 06:43:19 PM Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 11:24:26 AM by Tectrinket
what are your opinions on the timeline(s) of the zelda series ghouldood;

I think it's fairly obvious that certain sets of games are meant to be directly connected to each other, such as:

1. The Legend of Zelda → Zelda II
2. A Link to the Past → Link's Awakening
3. Ocarina of Time → Majora's Mask → Twilight Princess → Wind Waker → Phantom Hourglass → Spirit Tracks
4. Oracle of Ages (⇌) Oracle of Seasons
5. Minish Cap → Four Swords → Four Swords Adventures

But I firmly believe there is no way they're all somehow directly connected to form one major timeline.  Each of the five sets is a different retelling of the same legend, hence the name The Legend of Zelda. madood;

Thyme

Mando Pandango

I'm partial to the split timeline theory, which proposes that the timeline splits at Ocarina of Time. Child Link goes on to Majora's Mask and then other stuff, then in an alternate reality, adult Link goes on to do something else.

Anyway, I'm fine with the idea that the games take place within the same existence (save for the split), only with multiple Heroes and centuries apart from each other, though I think that last bit is obvious.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Nyerp

put skyward before ocarina plz

Dullahan

I'm reading that and I'm already tripping out.

Samus Aran

i agree, tec

while the theories are interesting, i don't believe much of them in the slightest and i think that some of the stuff people come up with is truly silly

link became a stalfos

Nyerp

no link, you are the skull kids

Kalahari Inkantation

no link, you are the controller

Hiro

Quote from: Suigintou on August 04, 2011, 10:04:28 PM
link became a stalfos
i really like this idea.

tec, while I agree with what you're saying, hasn't iwata confirmed to have a master document of a zelda timeline?

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Hiro on August 04, 2011, 11:02:34 PM
i really like this idea.

i cried

Quote from: Hiro on August 04, 2011, 11:02:34 PM
tec, while I agree with what you're saying, hasn't iwata confirmed to have a master document of a zelda timeline?

yes, but unless nintedo's timeline says something similar to mine then screw them i'm right awdood;

Tri4se

Quote from: Man of Popcikle on August 04, 2011, 06:59:53 PM
I'm partial to the split timeline theory, which proposes that the timeline splits at Ocarina of Time. Child Link goes on to Majora's Mask and then other stuff, then in an alternate reality, adult Link goes on to do something else.

Anyway, I'm fine with the idea that the games take place within the same existence (save for the split), only with multiple Heroes and centuries apart from each other, though I think that last bit is obvious.
I'm pretty sure the split timeline is considered canon.

Hiro

Quote from: Nyerp on August 04, 2011, 11:27:20 PM

huh? I know kaz didn't come up with it, but it's never been confirmed has it?
i just like the general idea that the Hero's Shade is link from OoT.

Hiro

Quote from: Tri4se on August 04, 2011, 11:56:42 PM
I'm pretty sure the split timeline is considered canon.
i think it is, but I still don't really understand it.

Tri4se

Quote from: Hiro on August 04, 2011, 11:58:07 PM
i think it is, but I still don't really understand it.
At the end of Ocarina of Time Zelda sends Adult Link back to live his childhood he never had. This timeline without Link continues on to Windwaker. Link, in the child timeline, warns kid Zelda about Ganondorf, which rewrote the future. He then goes on to Majora's mask. Think of it as an alternate reality type thing.

Go Up