September 28, 2024, 01:16:00 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

fuuuuuuuck

Started by strongbad, July 26, 2011, 11:15:18 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I was going to renew my tabs (they're like a month expired oops) and it turns out that i need to do an emissions test, which also means that my check engine light can't be on (which it is).

So instead of buying tabs online, now I have to get that light turned off, get a stupid emissions test, and then buy them online.

this is fucking bullshit fuck the government

Daddy

who the fuck calls license plates tabs

or are you talking about the little registration tag

Andria

Quote from: Khadafi on July 26, 2011, 11:33:07 AM
who the fuck calls license plates tabs

or are you talking about the little registration tag

I just assumed he meant tags

it makes the most sense

Daddy

yeah at first i thought it was a typo until he said tab again.

and then i was like why does he need to pass emissions to buy some E.

Also, StrongBib, find someone with an ODBII scanner to clear the error code for you and then just drive straight to the inspection station and you should be fine.

Commander Fuckass

YEAH FUCK THE GOVERNMENT FOR DOING SHIT THAT CAN HELP AIR QUALITY

FUCK THEM!
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

ME##

thankfully, i live in a glorious state where we get a month-long grace period and the worst you can get is an penalty of five per cent of what it would cost to renew RUB IT

Daddy

Also, not all engine codes are emissions related so you could still possibly pass

Dullahan

Reading this makes me so glad that I bought a car that has already recently been through its safety and emissions test.

silvertone

Use ur parents car lol.

strongbad

Quote from: Khadafi on July 26, 2011, 11:37:30 AM
yeah at first i thought it was a typo until he said tab again.

and then i was like why does he need to pass emissions to buy some E.

Also, StrongBib, find someone with an ODBII scanner to clear the error code for you and then just drive straight to the inspection station and you should be fine.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/renewtabs.html
Washington only thing?

Also my dad has one of the scanner things but is "ethical" and won't let me use it and is making me take care of it myself.
This stupid little Knock Sensor dongle that's like 2 inches long cost me $50 wtf

fuck this mang

also i'm really not this bitchy i'm exaggerating a lot

Travis

I don't understand a single thing about this thread

applesauce

I have heard them called tabs pretty often.

also check engine lights are stupid. We have an oxygen sensor in the jeep that breaks repeatedly, so we just never replace it and the light is on like 75% of the time because of that. Good thing we don't do emissions tests in MN, what a load of bs.

strongbad

Quote from: applesauce on July 26, 2011, 01:42:53 PM
I have heard them called tabs pretty often.

also check engine lights are stupid. We have an oxygen sensor in the jeep that breaks repeatedly, so we just never replace it and the light is on like 75% of the time because of that. Good thing we don't do emissions tests in MN, what a load of bs.

Seriously, I've had my check engine light of off because my spark plug was misfiring, which isn't even a big deal. Emissions tests suck.

LCK

my check engine light turns on when the gas cap isn't properly secured hocuspocus;

Daddy

Quote from: MF Doom on July 27, 2011, 12:34:47 PM
Seriously, I've had my check engine light of off because my spark plug was misfiring, which isn't even a big deal. Emissions tests suck.
Uh, a misfiring sparkplug can cause engine damage since you will be having n-1 cylinders firing at the correct time while the nth cylinder is firing at a slightly different time which would be  moving one cylinder up or down at a fraction of a second later than the other cylinders.

also wastes a lot of gas

Go Up