September 19, 2024, 11:54:12 AM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Oh god listen to this song

Started by Selkie, July 19, 2011, 08:18:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

M83's new single. I was never too crazy about their last album, but my love for this song rises exponentially with every listen...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDyonn3mQj8[/youtube]

end is the best part

Hiro

I was going to post this but I figured nobody would care since I made an m83 thread a couple weeks ago.
That sax oh my god RUB IT
I'm seeing them in November. SO EXCITED EEEEEEE
I love M83. I agree though, Saturdays = Youth was the worst one. He said the new one (Hurry Up, We're Dreaming) is going to be more like Before the Dawn Heals Us, which is my favorite M83 album. This song sounds like a mix between the two.

DID I MENTION IT'S A DOUBLE ALBUM?

Hiro

It's the only song I've listened to so far today, like 5 times in a row RUB IT

Selkie

Yea I think I'll download Before the Dawn Heals Us. Saturdays = Youth was the only thing I heard so far, but if you say the other one is better, then I shall try it out.

Hiro

Quote from: Selkie on July 20, 2011, 08:39:39 AM
Yea I think I'll download Before the Dawn Heals Us. Saturdays = Youth was the only thing I heard so far, but if you say the other one is better, then I shall try it out.
Dude, you need all of their stuff.
self-titled is pretty decent start, mostly just neat little electronic bits
Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts is really sad, but extremely beautiful
Before the Dawn Heals Us is like a dreamy shoegazey feel-like-I'm-flying greatness. it also has m83's worst song on it powerofone;
Digital Shades Vol 1 is somewhat slow, and much more ambient music. It's beautiful though.
Saturdays = Youth is good, but definitely on the lower end of M83 albums for me. Good songs, but also very cheesy (they're all cheesy and melodramatic but this one in a different way) and it's so much more dance pop than their other releases.

strongbad

Wow this song is fucking awesome

piano moths

I listened to it and wanted to really like it, but I didn't like it that much
kill them w kindness

Socks

I don't know who these dudes are. But whatever. This song contains nearly all of the components necessary to be considered outstanding, and yet fails perplexedly to really captivate or capture some enduring element of thrill or ecstasy. Strange, and unfortunate. It seems as if a neatly written piece, only so ordinary that there is no original thing about it! There shows no signature or tantalizing feature of individuality, just the most proportionally appropriate infusion of style and function.

Nyerp

strongbad

i respectfully disagree with everyone who doesn't like it

because it's fucking cool

Samus Aran

it's decent, but i dunno, it just makes me want to listen to m83's better material. i really preferred the more shoegazy stuff from the Before the Dawn Heals Us

Selkie

btw Hiro I downloaded their discography and am totally falling in love with their stuff.

Exactly the type of music I am craving at this time, tail end of summer, all new opportunities on the horizon.

Nyerp

...it is definitely not the "tail end" of summer

Selkie

Quote from: Nyerp on July 21, 2011, 08:54:46 PM
...it is definitely not the "tail end" of summer

I meant summer break, which is for me because I'm going away for a class August 1st then going back to college after that.

Hiro

Quote from: Selkie on July 21, 2011, 08:25:28 PM
btw Hiro I downloaded their discography and am totally falling in love with their stuff.

Exactly the type of music I am craving at this time, tail end of summer, all new opportunities on the horizon.
you didn't happen to download it all from a thread on/mu/ last night did you?  akudood;
But yeah, he's one of my favorite musicians.  giggle;
which albums have you listened to?

Go Up