October 03, 2024, 04:17:33 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Scools

Started by applesauce, July 16, 2011, 10:46:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

applesauce

Becuase most of you dickwads wouldn't tell me what schools you go to during the stream tonight, TELL ME NOW.

What schools to people go to, what major and what year?

For myself, I'm Architecture at Illinois Institute of Technology, starting 2nd year. Considering a second major in Urban Studies, at least a minor.

snoorkel

I will be pursuing Physics and an undecided second major (possibly math, possibly electrical engineering or some IT shit) at Loyola Marymount in LA. This fall will begin my freshman year, after a year of wandering and fundraising.

wawi

I'm a(n) [spoiler][/spoiler] major at [spoiler][/spoiler] university

ME##

i go to the collage of sixandeighty

bluaki

I'm just about to start my freshman year (2015 class) at Florida Institute of Technology for Software Engineering. I'll minor in math as well.

silvertone

LCK

I'm boring and I go to Winona State University. I'm currently declared as a Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation major, but I don't want to do that so it's going to change eventually

YPrrrr

I go to the University of Wisconsin and am double majoring in Political Science and Geography

ME##

wawi

ok fine i post
american university
international studies

strongbad

i go to western washington university and i haven't declared nor do i know what i want to declare giggle;

applesauce

Quote from: MF Doom on July 17, 2011, 11:03:56 AM
i go to western washington university and i haven't declared nor do i know what i want to declare giggle;

They let you do that?  O_0

Here the most "undecided" you can be is something like "undecided engineering", and even then it's highly discouraged and you need to pick a major within the first year.

Nyerp

Quote from: applesauce on July 17, 2011, 11:20:00 AM
They let you do that?  O_0

Here the most "undecided" you can be is something like "undecided engineering", and even then it's highly discouraged and you need to pick a major within the first year.

you go to a shitty school

LCK

applesauce

Quote from: Nyerp on July 17, 2011, 11:42:10 AM
you go to a shitty school

Well, since we're not a liberal arts school, every major is very different, and if you come in not knowing what you want to do, you will not graduate in 4 years. I don't see how the university trying to protect against that makes it a shitty school. It's not the place for someone who doesn't know what they want.

[spoiler]
From Wikipedia:
QuoteIIT was featured on Princeton Review's list of 368 best colleges in the United States and on its list of Best Midwest Colleges.[27]
IIT was ranked as a tier 1 university being the 102nd best university nationally, and the third best university in the Chicago metropolitan area (after the University of Chicago and Northwestern University) based on US News and World Report's "Best Colleges 2009."[1]
IIT was ranked the 72nd best graduate school for engineering in US News and World Report's "Best Graduate Schools 2009"[28]
IIT-Kent was ranked as a tier 1 law school being the 61st best law school nationally based on US News and World Report."[1]
IIT College of Architecture was ranked the 13th best architecture school of the nation in the Design Intelligence's "Best Architecture School".
IIT Institute of Design was ranked the best design school (1st) in the US in the Design Intelligence's "Best Architecture School".

Not trying to be "omg, lookit how awesome", but it's not a shtty school.[/spoiler]

Go Up