September 17, 2024, 01:33:03 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Anime you should be watching: Usagi Drop

Started by KonohaShinobi, July 15, 2011, 05:56:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

Synopsis:
Basically its the story of this thirty year old man who takes on the task of taking care of his grandfather's 6 year old illegitimate child. The anime is based off of a manga series and there are currently 2 aired episodes started on July 8th 2011, with 9 planned to air before the end of the season.

The art Style:
Immediately greeted with this stunning and unique art style, this cartoonish crayon watercolor style art is very visually pleasing and unlike anything I've seen before, very minimalist like its a child's memory. However after the opening plays it switches to a more typical anime art style abandoning the niche pre-OP childlike opening, somewhat disappointing but it still looks really nice.

Music:
FANTASTIC from the get go you hear these little chimes and bells, but it becomes this full orchestra sweeping the emotional spectrum that goes on throughout the episode
The OP and ED are simply magical.

Story:
Story begins: Introduced to the protagonist,  Daikichi, a down to earth thirty year old man, who's grandfather has just passed. We begin with the ceremony before the funeral, his family is around and they are all talking about life and stuff. Then we meet Rin, Rin is the 6 year old illegitamate child of his grandfather

Rin becomes attached to Daikichi almost immediately(probably because he looks just like her father, his grandfather) and their shy interaction is adorable to watch on screen, as they discover each other's lives, its cute and totally different from the typical anime scene today with the huge explosions and convoluted plots, just straight up family and character dynamics.

The Wrap Up:
If you want to see an adorable girl doing cute things and learning how the world works along with her caretaker, pick this series up.

Looks really promising, the pace is nice and it keeps your interest as the story develops.

Nyerp

yeah after i found out how the manga ended i was really reluctant to care about this ever

[spoiler]there's a timeskip to where the girl's a teenager, blah blah blah, they end up in a fucking relationship[/spoiler]

yeah, fuck no

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on July 15, 2011, 05:56:10 PM
its cute and totally different from the typical anime scene today with the huge explosions and convoluted plots, just straight up family and character dynamics.

nice to know this is your first slice of life series kono

Samus Aran

although i'm sure kono is exaggerating and overhyping as he usually does, i had been meaning to watch this. i just could never remember the name of it.

i'll add it to my "plan to watch." who knows when i'll get to it.

don't let's

Quote from: Nyerp on July 15, 2011, 06:05:33 PM
yeah after i found out how the manga ended i was really reluctant to care about this ever

[spoiler]there's a timeskip to where the girl's a teenager, blah blah blah, they end up in a fucking relationship[/spoiler]

yeah, fuck no

nice to know this is your first slice of life series kono
[spoiler]Exactly, oh my goodness, that's why I quit reading it :([/spoiler]

But yeah, it is pretty nice, [spoiler]for a while, in the beginning. For the manga anyway [/spoiler]

Go Up