October 02, 2024, 01:41:51 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Homepage

Started by Daddy, July 16, 2011, 05:50:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

don't let's

But I'm pretty sure once or twice when it was down for days there was no status update. And not even after it came back up.

Hiro

Quote from: vziard on July 16, 2011, 07:46:32 PM
also a good idea, I've wanted to do this. I like the blog idea, if people would actually do it (I think at least 2 people would), I imagine some kind of awesome multi-media portal thing with a blog column, livestream, widgets for latest forum topics/posts and twitter...

I think we underestimate the ability of a decent homepage to get us many new members (if you guys even want them lol) -- boyah is so big and old that a little bit of content outside the forums will make us skyrocket in search rankings and get hundreds or thousands of people each week randomly finding the site.

it wouldn't be impossible, some simple .htaccess trickery would work.
I think the media hub is the best idea. A good homepage really would help a ton.

Quote from: vziard on July 16, 2011, 07:51:47 PM
Also I'm STILL developing a 'free web services' site with a file mirror, proxy, free FTP accounts/basic hosting, seedbox access, and some other stuff. It could be a members-only section of the homepage, or at least part of it.
wrench;

I think we should have a post requirement before you can access those features, if possible.

snoorkel

Quote from: Khadafi on July 16, 2011, 07:57:11 PM
no that idea sucks because the status blog is on its own subdomain domain solely for the fact that if boyah.net's server is down then status.boyah.net is still up since it's on a different server (tumblr's server)

Hosting the status blog on this server would do us no good when the server crashes and people try to check the status blog to see if and why the server is down. akudood;

yes obviously but I assumed we would direct boyah.net and boyah.net/forums (forums.boyah.net) to different servers. it's easy.

Quote from: Hiro on July 16, 2011, 08:36:27 PM
I think the media hub is the best idea. A good homepage really would help a ton.
wrench;

I think we should have a post requirement before you can access those features, if possible.

surely.

Mando Pandango

I think we should just run with the dog thing we got going right now.

[spoiler][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpyK6Ojnl-0[/youtube][/spoiler]
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

silvertone

Blog posts....about dogs???

Go Up