October 01, 2024, 03:30:08 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Map Packs are such a fucking rip off

Started by Daddy, June 26, 2011, 09:35:00 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Black Ops is on its third one now so that means $45 worth of map packs on top of a $60 game.

Don't have all 3 map packs? The amount of possible people to play with is much lower since some people will be on those maps.

Did you buy 2/3 packs?  Sucks for you, you don't have all the maps but you have more than some people so you can't play the 2 packs with people who have 1 or 0 packs and you are missing a pack so that 30 dollars was wasted.

Bought all 3 packs? You can get play with the small subset who bought all 3 packs or just not use your full $45 and play with people who dont have all the maps.

and holy shit why are they 15 bucks each? even halo reach has 10 dollar map packs which is absurd.

fuck dlcs nigga

don't let's

Kalahari Inkantation

That's why I never buy games at full price. giggle;

although it takes patience and caution to not stumble upon spoilers for a game i'm buying later than everyone else is but at least i don't end up paying $105 for a game that should only have been $60 akudood;

It's difficult with Nintendo games but I'm more willing to purchase their games at closer to full price because they haven't started (read: can't) abusing DLC yet. 5thgrade;

Thyme

i must have bought >$200 worth of rock band songs giggle;

Hiro

most dlc is fucking terrible, the red dead undead nightmare and rock band songs being an exception.

Geno

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

HeroofTime55

>signed up for Bing rewards ages ago
>Microsoft literally gives me free points
>Have both map packs for reach, for free, and 3 XBLA games, for free
>suck on it

YPrrrr

I've never bought any downloadable content girl;

ME##

honestly, i don't even know why i bought the uncharted 2 map pack[s??].  i maybe got to play on one level so far goonish

Bushy

I am gay and only buy alternate costumes for characters as DLC.

Fuck anything else.
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Cookie

The only DLC I've ever purchased was the Halo 2 map packs and Shivering Isles for oblivion.

Infel

I got the other characters in Killing Floor.

Fuck you, Thorne is awesome.

Wrench

I bought my Black Ops for $40 and it came with a voucher for the first map pack giggle;

Only getting the others if they become $5.

Infel

Quote from: RanchNinja on June 27, 2011, 05:39:53 AM
I bought my Black Ops for $40 and it came with a voucher for the first map pack giggle;

Only getting the others if they become $5.
By that time, it'll be like MW2: Dead.

Even then, Modern Warfare 2 doesn't stink like a pile of Activision shit.

Daddy

Quote from: Geno on June 26, 2011, 01:39:08 PM
Simple solution: Don't buy them.
Good job missing the point where I paid 60 bucks for a fucking game and other people are buying the map packs meaning if people are playing on those maps then the total possible number of people I can play with goes down since I can't play on the maps they can.

Go Up