September 30, 2024, 12:23:26 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Still don't have TF2 for some reason?

Started by Andria, June 23, 2011, 06:52:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Andria

Well it is now free to play forever!

http://www.teamfortress.com/freetoplay/faq.php

You have a slightly limited account (can still get drops/play all maps/etc) but it is free for you forever.

People who bought the game have premium accounts now and we get a proof of purchase hat and aren't limited at all.

A fun game to try especially if you haven't played it.

Cookie

Gah I need to download steam so I can play this again. I know someone here gave it to me, I think it was tec.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Cookie on June 23, 2011, 07:17:04 PM
Gah I need to download steam so I can play this again. I know someone here gave it to me, I think it was tec.

it couldn't have been, i've never even played tf2 lol n_u

Though I might consider it now that it's free. sillydood;

Nyerp

i played tf2 for a while on the ps3 2 years ago

i honestly see no reason to ever play it again

i think it's one of the most overrated games of all time

Andria

Quote from: Nyerp on June 23, 2011, 09:04:51 PM

There is your problem.

Not that I am saying it is the most amazing game ever, but the pc version is at least better than the ps3 one

[hedy]Zidone

The PS3 version of the game is basically as it was when it was released back in 2007, and TF2 is a game that has gotten 5475892738597348574857380523845789742582785725886579847 free updates that turned it into a war-themed hat simulator.

I don't either. bassir;

strongbad

lol ps3 version good one nyerp

Nyerp

[hedy]Zidone

Quote from: Nyerp on June 23, 2011, 09:19:21 PM
cool have fun with your hats

The PC version will give you more shit to whine about, go get it. n_n

KonohaShinobi

At least Buyers/early adopters get something cool, I cant wait for the flood of newbies  giggle;

Geno

..You played the console version of a game designed for PC. Of course it's going to suck. Get the PC version.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Nyerp

Quote from: Geno on June 24, 2011, 12:23:40 AM
..You played the console version of a game designed for PC. Of course it's going to suck. Get the PC version.

no

strongbad

Quote from: Nyerp on June 24, 2011, 12:29:40 AM
no

um yeah
the game was designed to be updated with new weapons, maps, mods, etc
how many of those things does the ps3 version have?
none. if tf2 was only vanilla and didn't allow for any kind of modification on pc, i'm sure the playerbase would be exponentially smaller than what it is

stop being stupid

Infel

Honestly I'd decide to side with Nyerp here. I can see why Valve did it, and I think they're becoming as faggoty as EA or Activision with their systems.

Did you know free-to-play MMO's usually make more money than subscription based ones because of the cash shops? You can start for free then suck them in with pretty items which you would then be forced to BUY. Many people are fucking stupid enough to literally spend thousands on this, but not the game itself. I don't even understand what goes through these fuckers' heads, but it's probably very lame.

With valve doing this, they're basically going to sucker many more players in and increase their revenue by a crazy amount because of how retarded most texans are, and the whole free-to-play section was likely only put in because it benefits TF2 JUST FOR THAT FACT. Valve is like most companies and won't add new shit unless it benefits them somehow. Even the facebook integration does just because it attracts more faggots to put money into their system. The wrong kind of faggots. We should expect the hipster/hiki ratio to just explode from this.

And the content of TF2 itself isn't really that great. I haven't actually seen them do anything for themselves since the Pyro update. All it's been since then is stealing shit from the community and rebranding it. Most of the time, they DO reimburse them. Usually with an even more special snowflake novelty version of the item they fucking designed. With that and the horrible balance between a few weapons in particular (like that goddamn katana), it really took the fun a long time ago from the game for me and others who were able to play it when it first came out. It was a simpler time, clean, and not worth the hype, but still pretty fucking excellent.

But that's just my opinion and not necessarily one shared by this radio station.  baddood;

Wrench

Go Up