September 17, 2024, 01:31:56 PM

1,531,318 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Darker Than Black thread

Started by bluaki, June 09, 2011, 08:50:03 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

We (Nyerp, Tec, and I) just finished streaming the main series. I'll probably do the OVA (episode 26) later and I doubt people here care about watching the next season.

Apparently Nyerp disliked it, considering it a hard to follow clusterfuck with poor character development

I liked it enough to rate 9 on MAL. My main complaint is that the writers went a bit crazy with needlessly overcomplicating the end.

Nyerp

I didn't dislike it that much, I just consider it less than great. I did enjoy most of the show, but I didn't get anything satisfying out of it.

Oh and I DO care about watching the second season, but that's apparently worse,so...awdood;...

Samus Aran

If you're going to watch the second season, you should know this first: just like the first season, it raises more questions and answers few of them...and the ending is not an ending at all. It's even less conclusive than the first season. Which is why they better fucking make a third one to finish the story.

The main reasons that the second season is worse, however, is that Hei isn't much of a badass anymore for most of it, and that there's a new "main character" that's a little girl with a stupid contractor ability that features a "transformation scene" every fucking time. Oh, and Yin is basically asleep for the whole season. Kind of. Can't say more.

Btw watch Gaiden before season 2 - it leads right into it and it's actually quite awesome...considerably better than season 2.

Tri4se

I could never get into it. I think I've watched the first ten episodes twice now.

Go Up