October 06, 2024, 04:33:53 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

went to Six Flags today for first time

Started by Selkie, June 06, 2011, 07:25:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Selkie

LOVED IT. I love roller coasters. The tense feeling I get when going down tall drops is amazing.

Discuss ur favorite Great Adventure rides.

Kingda Ka was kinda crazy, but not my favorite.

Nitro is def my fav. El Toro is second

Travis

great adventure i've been on mostly all rides except kingda ka because it was shut down the day i went. i wanna go back soon

Samus Aran

I have been to one Six Flags so many times that going there again would just be a bore. It's the one in Vallejo, CA. Six Flags Marine World. I've also been to one in San Antonio, and...one somewhere else, too,  I think.

Also been to Great America in CA, and Valley Fair in MN.

But yeah I love roller coasters too. I dunno if any of the coasters in the Sx Flags I've been to are in the one you went to, though. Kong? Medusa? v2?

applesauce

Kalahari Inkantation

i've been on nearly all of great adventure's rides except kingda ka :'(

silvertone

Whenever I goto theme parks I never want to ride anything, because I am a wimp like that.

Hiro

I went to six flags once in st louis, it was pretty fun.

Socks

i love that one roller coaster. the really slow one that features waiting in line for hours at a time with the same out of shape and imprudent people before and behind me. it sure is fun moving one meter every 1o minutes and figuring out new means of pretending to ignore the suffocating world around me.

and then rain comes and the fun just keeps getting better and starts all over again.

applesauce

I used to be a coaster enthusiast, lol.  >.<

I actually was an admin on a valleyfair fansite back in the day. I got Snorkel, divine_vanity, and myself into a photoshoo for ads and brochures for Cedar Fair. We got free food, t-shirts, and admission, plus vouchers for more tickets. We also got to ride Renegade 13 times in a row without getting off, and Xtreme Swing 6 times without getting off. I think in the end the only things we made it on were the park maps for valleyfair and worlds of fun, and the worlds of fun website.

don't let's

I want to think that I've been to Six Flags over Georgia once, but I'm sure if I actually have.

silvertone

Quote from: Socks on June 06, 2011, 07:40:46 PM
i love that one roller coaster. the really slow one that features waiting in line for hours at a time with the same out of shape and imprudent people before and behind me. it sure is fun moving one meter every 1o minutes and figuring out new means of pretending to ignore the suffocating world around me.
It is okay to enjoy the escapist entertainment, as long as we don't let it consume et us.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on June 06, 2011, 07:40:46 PM

and then rain comes and the fun just keeps getting better and starts all over again.

that's why they have these things that get you in faster than the normal line

they're similar to fastpasses at disneyland/world

Socks

Quote from: Kyou on June 06, 2011, 07:43:37 PM
that's why they have these things that get you in faster than the normal line

they're similar to fastpasses at disneyland/world

i'm very sorry sir, you have me mistaken for a whore.

Samus Aran

actually now that i think of it again, i'm not sure those things are free at Six Flags, so never mind, that would be pretty whorish indeed

Selkie

Quote from: Kyou on June 06, 2011, 07:47:02 PM
actually now that i think of it again, i'm not sure those things are free at Six Flags, so never mind, that would be pretty whorish indeed

yea they are called flash passes and are a good deal of money.

Go Up