July 07, 2024, 07:20:34 PM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

my laptop won't fucking start up normally

Started by Nyerp, June 05, 2011, 03:08:46 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

June 05, 2011, 03:08:46 PM Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:22:10 PM by Yusuke
i'm in safe mode right now

when i woke up this morning my laptop was out of sleep mode even though i had it closed and when i tried to log in it froze and bsod'd on me

it restarted itself but it wouldn't go past the "windows is starting..." screen so i force restarted it and went to the startup repair thing

it said it couldn't fix whatever problems it found so i restarted it again and went to system recovery but the only option had been saved like 20 minutes before i woke up, but i tried it anyway

it made it past the startup screen but froze for 10 second intervals every 5 seconds on the login screen

i logged in but it never made it past the "Welcome" loader thing

so i force restarted it and went into safe mode and tried to scan for viruses, but errors stopped the program every time

after a few hours of messing around with this stuff, i decided to just shut down the computer and leave it alone for like 2 hours, and here i am now

i just tried to disable some startup programs to see if that helped it make it past the login loader, but to no avail

what

the

fuck

do

i

do

Travis

Cookie

FAMY2

Restart in safe mode with networking and download malwarebytes. Save to cd. restart in safe mode, install malwarebytes and run it.

Or down load and save it from another computer.

ikanaide

switch off for 1 day (works for me when I have blue display)

Nyerp

no...internet...for a whole day????

i do not trust your foreign ways icandy akudood;

sounds like something a korean would do

ikanaide

Travis

Nyerp

Daddy

Nyerp

Quote from: Khadafi on June 06, 2011, 04:43:02 PM
is it fixed yet

did you run check disk

no

where is that i am not good with computer

applesauce

open a command prompt and enter the command "chkdsk"

Nyerp

i can't copy+paste for some reason but this caught my eye:

"Windows has checked the file system and found no problems."

confuseddood;

also i should add that i scanned my computer with superantispyware and malwarebytes but they didn't really help

oh yeah and it did manage to get past the welcome screen but it froze within 10 minutes

applesauce

Have you had shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit happen to it before?

Go Up