Moogfest 2011 lineup (new artists: St. Vincent, TVoTR, James Murphy, and Moby)

Started by The Hand That Fisted Everyone, June 02, 2011, 09:29:13 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

SO, here in Asheville, the moog synth was created. To celebrate this great thing, there is a music festival.

That festival is moogfest! A three day celebration of electronic music that takes place on halloween weekend.

Flaming Lips are playing, so is...

TANGERINE DREAM IN THEIR FIRST U.S. DATE IN EIGHT YEARS. ALSO THEIR ONLY DATE.

passion pit is also playing.

Anyone from boyah that is going to moogfest is welcome to stay at my house i guess.

Also, discuss moogfest and the like. what you think of the line-up, bands you want to be on the line-up. etc.

[hedy]Zidone

Not only that, but Battles, Holy Fuck, Oneohtrix Point Never, Suicide, and Hans-Joachim Roedelius from Cluster/Harmonia will be there too. thumbup;

2bad i (probably) can't go

also crystal castles lol

silvertone

That lineup sounds like a fest I would actually want to goto, too bad I am a cheap bastard/lack friends lol.

[REDACTED]

I do not have HIV/AIDS.

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 7 days

I'm not making a new thread.

So there have been a few new announcements concerning the lineup. Heres the list of people (or a link, all the artists are on the front page)

http://moogfest.com/

So, the big ones seem to be Moby, Passion Pit, St. Vincent, TV on the Radio, and Brian Eno who is doing an art talk.

Then there's M83, Special Disco Version (something to do with James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem), and Battles

And I've seen Cloudland Canyon before. I wasn't too impressed with them, saw them at a local record store and there seemed to be an unseen barrier between the band and the audience. It was ok, the concert was free, so I can't complain too much.

BUT FUCKING ST. VINCENT IS COMING. THIS IS MY CHANCE TO MEET HER AND WOO HER

OH GOD GUYS THIS COULD ACTUALLY HAPPEN

and again if any boyager wants to go to moogfest i will be more than happy to put them up.

snoorkel

silvertone

Quote from: vziard on August 16, 2011, 12:39:20 PM
tangerine dream would be cool I guess. the rest sound unappealing
Not even Cluster/Harmonia?  and seeing battles live would be kind of cool I think.

Go Up