What are your opinions on Nintendo's actual plans for the eighth generation?

Started by Kalahari Inkantation, April 20, 2011, 05:52:01 PM

previous topic - next topic

lol

yay
6 (60%)
nay
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Go Down

Dullahan

Kalahari Inkantation

so apparently:

-the controller actually will feature a six-inch screen
- in addition to a controller it will function as its own portable console

http://www.1up.com/news/Project-Cafe-Confirmed

that second one, if true, is really, really dumb awdood;

Wrench

Quote from: Swirly Glasses on June 04, 2011, 01:06:17 PM
so apparently:

The 2nd one sounds AWESOME, but really makes the 3DS pointless than

Nyerp

Kalahari Inkantation

i don't mind the screen and other features so much if somehow it isn't too expensive, but to make a controller compete with their own true handheld is just asinine awdood;

[spoiler]on second though, it's not like the 3ds was doing very well in the first place goowan[/spoiler]

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Quote from: Swirly Glasses on June 04, 2011, 09:59:58 PM
i don't mind the screen and other features so much if somehow it isn't too expensive, but to make a controller compete with their own true handheld is just asinine awdood;

[spoiler]on second though, it's not like the 3ds was doing very well in the first place goowan[/spoiler]
what would be awesome is if the 3ds could wirelessly link up and perform as a controller.kind of like with the gba and the gcn. but without a cord/with games that actually support that feature.

Nyerp

wait does this make it so we wouldn't have to deal with the kind of shit they pulled with four swords adventures and crystal chronicles

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Yusuke on June 04, 2011, 11:04:48 PM
wait does this make it so we wouldn't have to deal with the kind of shit they pulled with four swords adventures and crystal chronicles

i think that's what they're hoping to achieve with this

which i think is perfectly acceptable, but i highly object to making the controller itself a standalone console smithicide;

ME##

so apparently:

good lord, those controllers will be terribly expensive. mygace;

Hiro

so apparently:

HOLY FUCK DREAMCAST 2 AWWWW YEAH

Samus Aran

>implying Dreamcast 2 would be a good thing

Giant controllers are always a pain. The Dreamcast was no exception, nor was the original Xbox, and the same will go for Cafe. But the Dreamcast in particular had a rather convoluted organization of buttons on its controllers and were actually bigger than they even needed to be, even with the VMU inputs.

Of course, the worst part about the Dreamcast was that there were no fucking games for it beyond about 15 or so good ones, but that was more the fault of there being no third-party support.

Hiro

Quote from: Tomoyo on June 05, 2011, 06:32:27 PM
>implying Dreamcast 2 would be a good thing

Giant controllers are always a pain. The Dreamcast was no exception, nor was the original Xbox, and the same will go for Cafe. But the Dreamcast in particular had a rather convoluted organization of buttons on its controllers and were actually bigger than they even needed to be, even with the VMU inputs.
I'm guessing this thing won't have any buttons aside from power, so a 6-inch screen will not be very big for a game controller.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Hiro on June 05, 2011, 06:09:00 PM
HOLY FUCK DREAMCAST 2 AWWWW YEAH

In the sense that it's being released far too early in its generation, the other hardware manufacturers will release significantly more powerful competitors much later on, and its developer could lose its position as a hardware manufacturer as a result?

Agreed. bassir;

Hiro

Quote from: Swirly Glasses on June 05, 2011, 06:48:43 PM
In the sense that it's being released far too early in its generation, the other hardware manufacturers will release significantly more powerful competitors much later on, and its developer could lose its position as a hardware manufacturer as a result?

Agreed. bassir;
All valid points, but I don't care anyways <3

Thyme

Quote from: Swirly Glasses on June 05, 2011, 06:48:43 PM

Agreed. bassir;

i wanna play super mapio world on my playstation 4 :'(

Go Up