October 22, 2024, 03:22:46 PM

1,531,338 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Urban Exploration

Started by applesauce, April 10, 2011, 01:44:20 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

applesauce

April 10, 2011, 01:44:20 AM Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 12:16:45 AM by applesauce
Spent a couple hours tonight poking around in an abandoned research lab building at my school. Coolest part was either the subbasement or the massive transformers (the floor and the floor above them were literally shaking from just under 4,000,0000 watts of combined power. Full story & photos at www.urbex12.com

Hiro

God damn man, you go on the coolest adventures.

strongbad

stop being so cool
my night was full of disappointment and confusion.

Classic

I'll be going with you on your next one.

YPrrrr

So what happens if anyone catches you going through these places? A fine?

applesauce

Quote from: YPR on April 10, 2011, 01:43:30 PM
So what happens if anyone catches you going through these places? A fine?

It depends on a number if variables. In most situations, if you don't have any spray paint, crowbars, drugs, or weapons on you, and you honestly explain what you were doing, you'll get off with just a warning. Most of the time when explorers get arrested or ticketed it is because they either a. tried to run from the cops, b. tried to lie to the cops, c. had b&e tools on them, or d. were guilty of another crime.

Campus police could possibly fine us, especially if they knew about the site, but if they don't, they would probably just make us leave the building.

The two times I've been confronted by cops, I started asking them questions about the function/history of the place, both times thy didn't know but seemed convinced that I wasn't up to anythig awful, and told me to be careful/stay away.

strongbad

I'm actually exploring a huge abandoned warehouse downtown with some friends this week. I am excited

applesauce

Quote from: MF Doom on April 10, 2011, 08:24:46 PM
I'm actually exploring a huge abandoned warehouse downtown with some friends this week. I am excited

I forget where does david live.

YPrrrr

Quote from: applesauce on April 10, 2011, 11:35:33 PM
Somewhere in Washington... I think he goes to Western Washington or something like that

strongbad

Quote from: applesauce on April 10, 2011, 11:35:33 PM

Bellingham Washington.
I'll post pictures. I think we're going on Wednesday.

snoorkel

whoa cool. I love 'reactor metallurgy(!) laboratory'

Travis

I WENT TO AN ABANDONED MENTAL INSTITUTION TODAY IT WAS COOL

applesauce

Quote from: Travis on April 11, 2011, 08:52:51 PM
I WENT TO AN ABANDONED MENTAL INSTITUTION TODAY IT WAS COOL

Pics or did it happen?

Travis

Quote from: applesauce on April 11, 2011, 09:17:56 PM
Pics or did it happen?
no pix but i actually did lol. they actually did an episode of ghost adventures or something about that place

applesauce

akudood;
Quote from: Travis on April 11, 2011, 09:23:03 PM
no pix but i actually did lol. they actually did an episode of ghost adventures or something about that place

Yup. Sure.

Go Up