October 01, 2024, 03:42:39 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Replaying Skies of Arcadia.*spoilers*

Started by The spy who loves you, April 06, 2011, 07:19:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The spy who loves you

Still a great RPG to this day. but I realized quite a few things suck about it. akudood;

-After you get the blue moon crystal the rest of the game goes by too quickly as a result of laziness. You can get the purple moon crystal in a half hour and the yellow moon crystal in an hour, there's no towns to explore in the lands of ice and they could have done something to make the much more fun, the maw of tartas is lame.I feel like you come to final parts of the game way too quickly after yafutoma as there's very little dungeons,story progression,towns etc. inbetween that and the finale
-You get the ability to fly above and below the clouds too late in the game, you should get it as you enter yafutoma or something so you can get more discoveries and crew members quicker.
-Random battles fucking suck, back when the original game and even legends (both of which I owned) I didn't mind it as much but now that random battles are being done away with more and more in RPGs now a days I can't stand it, especially with some of the frequency the battles occur at time, I remember for a good 10 minutes it seemed like I'd take 3 steps in the dungeon and get into an encounter, win, take 3 more steps, repeat. Fucking annoying.
-You get your own ship and crew too late. The game would be so much better if you had the delphinus and ability to recruit people from like I'xa taka or something, instead of having you encounter rhaknam so late why not have him inbetween the 1st and 2nd moon crystal? That way you would get to enjoy the bulk of the game with the things that make it awesome, the ship,your crew, and your base.

Go Up