October 04, 2024, 12:27:51 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

BOYAHS BIGGEST HIPSTER AWARD

Started by C.Mongler, March 23, 2011, 04:20:35 PM

previous topic - next topic

WHO IS THE BIGGEST NIPSTER

Echo
4 (14.3%)
C.Mongler
5 (17.9%)
Lawlz
2 (7.1%)
Hiro
4 (14.3%)
JMV
5 (17.9%)
Boognish
3 (10.7%)
Veal
5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Admin on March 23, 2011, 05:13:58 PM
then explain.

"Hipsters are the friends who sneer when you cop to liking Coldplay. They're the people who wear t-shirts silk-screened with quotes from movies you've never heard of and the only ones in America who still think Pabst Blue Ribbon is a good beer. They sport cowboy hats and berets and think Kanye West stole their sunglasses. Everything about them is exactingly constructed to give off the vibe that they just don't care."

â€" Time, July 2009[5]

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

No, but really, the word hipster was coined in the thirties or forties as a name for the white kids in the jazz scene, like Burzum said. Read Keroac's On the road. Dean Moriarty is a hipster.

Putting a label on someone who doesn't really want a label put on them but dresses and acts and presents themselves like they do, is stupid.

Travis

Quote from: Chemical Zen on March 23, 2011, 05:38:13 PM
Putting a label on someone who doesn't really want a label put on them but dresses and acts and presents themselves like they do, is stupid.

says the hipster

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Travis on March 23, 2011, 05:40:59 PM
says the hipster

Hey, I buy these flannel shirts and multicolored patch slacks from goodwill because they're cheap. I can't help it if other people are paying more money for the same thing.

Now excuse me, I'm going to go and organize my shelf of 1987 world books so they spell out my favorite band name and when people ask me about it when they walk in, I'll tell them "Oh yeah, weird. I just put them in there randomly."

Zach

Quote from: Hurluberlu on March 23, 2011, 05:20:27 PM
"Hipsters are the friends who sneer when you cop to liking Coldplay. They're the people who wear t-shirts silk-screened with quotes from movies you've never heard of and the only ones in America who still think Pabst Blue Ribbon is a good beer. They sport cowboy hats and berets and think Kanye West stole their sunglasses. Everything about them is exactingly constructed to give off the vibe that they just don't care."

â€" Time, July 2009[5]

Just because PBR is enjoyed by hipsters doesn't mean it's a hipster beer.

ME##

Quote from: Zach on March 23, 2011, 07:51:37 PM
Just because PBR is enjoyed by hipsters doesn't mean it's a hipster beer.

complain to time then, not me ;)

Hiro

Besides, that's one popular definition. Jazz kids are also considered hipsters, bohemian people, kids that wear skinny jeans, anyone who listens to indie rock, rich college kids that pretend to be poor, etc

Samus Aran

Quote from: Chemical Zen on March 23, 2011, 05:38:13 PM
No, but really, the word hipster was coined in the thirties or forties as a name for the white kids in the jazz scene, like Burzum said. Read Keroac's On the road. Dean Moriarty is a hipster.

this is all true, but "hipster," simply put, doesn't refer to those kind of people anymore, unless you're using it in the context of that time frame

words evolve, whether we like it or not

and honestly i think we're mostly joking around here when using this label but i dunno. at least i'm only joking around when i say snorkel's a hipster.

ME##

Quote from: Admin on March 23, 2011, 08:10:06 PM
Besides, that's one popular definition. Jazz kids are also considered hipsters, bohemian people, kids that wear skinny jeans, anyone who listens to indie rock, rich college kids that pretend to be poor, etc

all hipsters

Hiro

Quote from: Hurluberlu on March 23, 2011, 08:21:34 PM
all hipsters
So basically, anyone who isn't average in every possible way

ME##

Quote from: Admin on March 23, 2011, 08:24:33 PM
So basically, anyone who isn't average in every possible way

nope

burzumfan420

the word hipster is a joke but it isnt really funny

Kalahari Inkantation