October 01, 2024, 12:27:15 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Goldeneye remake vs N64 original.

Started by The spy who loves you, March 12, 2011, 01:47:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The spy who loves you

I'm about to wrap up the remake today, on the second to last level.

I think the remake has it beat.Online and local multiplayer. The reimagined story is done really nice as well. Even though the game features Craig's likeness instead of Brosnan,ironically, the remakes story stays truer to the actual movie then the old n64 game does. (And I'm confident in saying that because I've watched it multiple times recently.) The voice acting is nice, the animation is fluid, you can tell that this just wasn't a quick cash in on the name and that this was treated with care.

However, I like the weapons from the n64 game more. There's more of them and the weapons themselves are cooler.There's no Moonraker lasers or knives etc. though it was nice to say the Golden gun faithfully recreated to resemble the movie's version of it.(In the novel it's actually a revolver.)  The music in the n64 games also much nicer. The remakes soundtrack is fine. but the n64 soundtrack is classic, but the remake has something on the soundtrack the n64 missed all together, the actual "Goldeneye" theme song. (Even though it's sung by some chick from the pussy cat dolls instead of Tina Turner.;-;)

thoughts? baddood;

The spy who loves you

Also, I thought it would've been cool if they included extra missions after you beat the cradle in the remake. Goldeneye had the extra too and both referenced mutliple different bond films.

It would've been cool to see action seens reimagined from live and let die or moonraker or some shit.

Like a fucking duel with scaramanga.

The spy who loves you

Oh...and Trevalyn looks and acts really plain compared to sean bean's portrayal.

It would've been cool if they kept his likeness. Or just made him interesting, since he's one of the best bond villains.

strongbad

I played it a bit in multiplayer and it's fun, but honestly I'd rather just play halo or something. The multiplayer was fun back in the day, but nostalgia goggles aside, I really don't think it held up to today's standards, even with all of the updates.

don't let's

Is there still slappers only? And the rcp90?

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Live In Stereo on March 13, 2011, 01:46:57 PM
Is there still slappers only? And the rcp90?
No.

I don't remember what the RCP is but there is no slappers.

Samus Aran

the remake does not have geddan therefore it is inferior

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Kid on March 20, 2011, 02:52:59 AM
the remake does not have geddan therefore it is inferior
the remake has it beat in almost everyway

Goldeneye 64 is still fun but it's really dated

Go Up