October 07, 2024, 05:32:59 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

hey

Started by hobbit, March 11, 2011, 07:04:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

hobbit

have you every just wanted to give up living with society and move the the middle of nowhere and live in the forest as a primordial human? like hunt stuff with spears and run around all day eating fruit and berries and becoming one with nature?

Hippopo

ME##

YES. AWESOME

I'm going to move to an obscure part of the French Alps. badass

Sillbury

holy shit fuck yes who the fuck wouldnt want to leave the everyday norm goddamn seriously

Samus Aran

Of course. That's a more common desire than you might think. The idea of just "leaving" everything in general probably crosses everyone's mind once, regardless of whether it has anything to do with living as a "primordial human" or not.

I read a book about it last summer, where a man lost his wife to cancer and just up and left Seattle and decided to walk to Florida, because it was the furthest away. Gave away all his money and everything, just walked.

And I remember reading "My Side of the Mountain" when I was like 13 and wanting to do something similar. Just live in the forest for a while. Make a hawk friend or something. Sounds pretty boss.

burzumfan420

thats how everyone should do now.

Travis

YPrrrr

Yes, I often hate feeling so tied down... I'd rather be nomadic but then I worry about the loneliness. As long as I could have a really close friend it would be worth it though yes

strongbad

Quote from: Kid on March 12, 2011, 10:30:41 AM
And I remember reading "My Side of the Mountain" when I was like 13 and wanting to do something similar. Just live in the forest for a while. Make a hawk friend or something. Sounds pretty boss.

My dad read that book to me when I was younger, that was a great bonding moment between the two of us.

Bushy

wtf did you just read Lord of the Flies or something?
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Samus Aran

Quote from: Bushy on March 12, 2011, 04:25:10 PM
wtf did you just read Lord of the Flies or something?

i would think that would discourage someone from an idea like this

since, you know, they start murdering each other

Bushy

Quote from: Kid on March 12, 2011, 04:40:58 PM
i would think that would discourage someone from an idea like this

since, you know, they start murdering each other
He's got everything they did listed aside from the murder, though.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Bushy on March 12, 2011, 04:42:29 PM
He's got everything they did listed aside from the murder, though.

one book example out of many, my friend

like i said, it's a common idea. i even listed two books in my post that have similar ideas.

Bushy

Quote from: Kid on March 12, 2011, 04:44:15 PM
one book example out of many, my friend

like i said, it's a common idea. i even listed two books in my post that have similar ideas.
I've only read one book with this theme saddood;

Tomboh

Quote from: Kid on March 12, 2011, 10:30:41 AM
I read it when I was 13 too. Boss as hell.

Go Up