October 05, 2024, 03:51:43 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How do you like your current living situation?

Started by strongbad, March 01, 2011, 02:49:20 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I really dislike mine.
I live in a suite in the dorms that consists of two rooms (each with two people) that share a living room, kitchen, and bathroom all between their rooms. It's a really cool setup, but unfortunately it's not working out. My suitemates rarely come out of their rooms, go home every weekend, and make no attempt to socialize with anyone, let alone my room mate and myself, so I'm pretty much living with two people who I don't know at all, which leads to a lot of awkwardness. Believe me, I've tried hard to bond with them, but it's really fucking hard when they put forth no effort whatsoever.

Also, my room mate. He was a pretty good friend of mine from high school and rooming together has definitely hurt our friendship. At the beginning of the year, I spent a lot of time out of the room trying to meet people and make new friends, and he didn't really do anything. Now he sits in the room just about all day and has very few friends, and I almost feel like an asshole for not hanging out with him more, but I'm enjoying all of my new college relationships, and he doesn't seem interested in meeting any new people. I try and include him with my friends when we are doing things, but he acts incredibly awkward at times and I can tell that he doesn't enjoy it. He also goes to bed at around 10:00pm every night because he has to get up early for crew, and doesn't like when I'm on the computer while he's trying to sleep, which sucks since I love staying up until 3am browsing the internet :(

/rant

your turn

Samus Aran

other than my room becoming a complete mess remarkably quickly even though i clean it regularly, i can't say i have any real problems with my current "living situation," assuming we're just talking about living space.

kinda wish i had my own bathroom though. that's a bit much to ask for though considering my room's actually a double.

LCK

My current situation isn't really the greatest, but I make it work. I really only sleep in my room about 2 nights out of the week. It's just a normal dorm room. I spend most of my days and nights on the main campus of the school with friends and the girlfriend.
My room mate is kind of blah. He's one of those people who did nothing in high school, then he comes to college and is overwhelmed with the freedom and barely goes a night without smoking, drinking, or experimenting with something. Don't get me wrong, I love having a good time, but he needs to have some moderation. Also, we're a dry campus, so he's gotten caught a few times already. The hall director is also very aware that he tokes it up in the room all the time and she's trying to bust him. If he gets busted he'll immediately be kicked out and they've warned me that if I'm in the room when he's busted I can be liable also. So it's kind of ridiculous.

But I've signed a lease for a house that I'll be moving into June 1st and I'm pretty excited about that.

ikanaide

The house I live is OK. I am only always at my room because I avoiding my parents. When I leave room I go outside never other room.

Room is good and many free space. Very clean giggle;

Andria

I can deal with it since I am not paying anything but I would really like getting my own place asap.

Hiro

3 people in a tiny 2-person dorm
no room for anything
always a wreck
my bed is like a foot away from the ceiling
one roommate is retarded, the other is bearable
stalls in the bathroom are broken, meaning you have to pull and push on it to adjust the frame in order o close the door
bathroom always covered in shit

yeah, i don't like my living arrangement too well

i like staying at girl's place instead  giggle;

Daddy

I WANT TO MOVE

MY SISTER HEARD ME HAVING SEX;_;

piano moths

kill them w kindness

[REDACTED]

I love being in a single. The last time I had a roommate, he had an anxiety attack when the room was in disarray.
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

YPrrrr

It would be great if I was not living with my ex-girlfriend. I like the shitty old house and the cheap rent and living with a bunch of people.

But I live with my ex-girlfriend. So it sucks

Nyerp

my roommate got kicked out of the hall so i have this room to myself giggle;

i spend basically all of my time in here

still would rather be at home though

also, you don't have to bond with your roommates. just let them do what they want.

Travis

Quote from: Nyerp on March 01, 2011, 07:54:47 PM
my roommate got kicked out of the hall so i have this room to myself giggle;

i spend basically all of my time in here

still would rather be at home though

also, you don't have to bond with your roommates. just let them do what they want.
your life is amazing

Nyerp

Daddy

applesauce

I share a 10 x 13 room. It's not terrible...but....

The bathroom is horribly dirty all the time.

Come May 4 of us are moving into a place in Bridgeport together. MUCH cheaper and a good deal of extra space.

Go Up