September 12, 2024, 04:07:49 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

music videos

Started by Samus Aran, March 01, 2011, 02:35:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Andria

[hedy]Zidone

ikanaide

Sillbury

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLSpj7q6_mM[/youtube]

tricia helfer

black keys

sex guns and blues rock

FUCKING FUND IT

YPrrrr

Damn Snorkel I would've thought MGMT was a little too tame for you n_u

I really like that video too, people get so uptight about the kid being scarred for life or something though

piano moths

the Kids video is great. Joanna Newsom is a lovely mother.
kill them w kindness

snoorkel

March 09, 2011, 02:52:39 PM #9 Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:50:16 PM by wziard
Quote from: YPR on March 09, 2011, 12:54:31 AM
Damn Snorkel I would've thought MGMT was a little too tame for you n_u

I really like that video too, people get so uptight about the kid being scarred for life or something though

If you watch the making of he's not terrified of them, he just cries when he get startled. And I like how he takes the 'monsters' less seriously after he has MGMT inside him

MGMT is fucking great, when their first album came out I wrote them off (same as most others did I think) because of the sound of the singles (more electronic and poppy than their real music, they play them as jokes). I had no idea of the depth some of their shit has... Metanoia ('mystic referee [Carl Jung] don't look on me with scorn, I'm a child I'm a lover being born'), Future Reflections, Fourth Dimensional Transition ('you speak the language of the breeze, all your leaves were meant for me, the love that every person wants to be'), and one of my favorites Of Moons, Birds, & Monsters

Why'd you cut holes in the face of the moon base?
Don't you know about the temperature change
In the cold black shadow?
Are you mad at your walls
Or hoping that an unknown force can repair things for you?
Pardon all the time that you've thrown into your pale grey garden?

If the ship will never come you've got to move along

Even a bird would want a taste of dirt from abyssal dark
The prick of a feather could make a kingdom burn and the bloodshed start
The falling apart
Made me a shadow in the shape of wonder
The waves of black
If she's going under I can hold my breath till the sky comes back

Or drown like a rat, rat, rat
He's a rat!

To catch a monster
We make a movie
Set the tempo
And cut and cut its brains out
It will inspire on the burning pyre
Half the distance
Half the motion
Communication
It's easy as the ocean

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w12DgDnTWho[/youtube]

revelations through time and space, musicians of the highest order. they're doing something crazy and new

YPrrrr

This is why I get upset when people say they've sold out, because if anything their first album was meant to grab a larger demographic via the singles than the second album which is more of what they wanted to do. It's funny that those people can't name a single song off the second album n_u

I was so happy that Metanoia was only 99 cents (because I buy mgmt) because it's a good chunk of material. It got me excited for their second ballad Siberian Breaks.

snoorkel

Quote from: YPR on March 09, 2011, 03:31:24 PM
This is why I get upset when people say they've sold out, because if anything their first album was meant to grab a larger demographic via the singles than the second album which is more of what they wanted to do. It's funny that those people can't name a single song off the second album n_u

I was so happy that Metanoia was only 99 cents (because I buy mgmt) because it's a good chunk of material. It got me excited for their second ballad Siberian Breaks.

yeah Metanoia is great, I think they should have refined it more and put it on the first album. I also think Congratulations isn't necessarily exactly what they wanted to do, or at least I hope not, since many of the songs are about selling out/being raped by popularity (e.g. Flash Derlirium, Congratulation, I Found A Whistle) and other more pointed things instead of awesomely symbolic/interpretive narratives, and in my opinion the quality of songwriting is barely up to the level of the first album (but flash delirium, siberian breaks, dan treacy make it worth it anyway). I just hope their next album is more conceptual

Go Up