October 25, 2024, 03:28:56 PM

1,531,341 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I am shocked

Started by Boyager, February 08, 2011, 07:50:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boyager

Today at the barber I was asked if I was a swimmer. I was kind of confused because I do not have a swimmer's cut or really look like a swimmer at all. She pointed out that my hair seemed to have a lot of chemical buildup like chlorine and asked what shampoo I used. I told her some sort of Suave. She then took some scissors, held the blade against my hair, and said 'watch'. As she guided the blade, waxy build up started peeling off. Apparently cheap shampoos use plastics/wax in their formulas which coats your hair and makes it feel greasy. It also leads some people to believe they have a dandruff problem, the wax flakes off; which in turn causes them to buy more shampoo.

That's kind of fucked up shampoo companies akudood;

Boyager

Why did you post this in Anonymous?

Boyager

Who wants the world to know they have a giant greaseball?

Boyager

...what other brands of shampoo do this

Boyager

I'm not quite sure... she said suave and head and shoulders were the worst offenders I think? They have a high pH level or something that strips away the natural oils in your hair which makes your hair dull as well. They have a pH somewhere around 10 where the ideal is somewhere around 5-6

Sillbury

A while back when I was at the hairdressers the chick doing my hair told me basically the exact same thing but I just palmed it off as a marketing ploy to sell their shitty $50 store brand shampoo.  I have pretty greasy hair and use the cheapest shampoo I can find. Guess it's time to cut that shit out haha.

Boyager

I always thought this was pretty common knowledge.

Boyager

I don't wash my hair more than once a week or every other week!

Boyager

Quote from: Boyager on February 13, 2011, 11:09:49 AM
I don't wash my hair more than once a week or every other week!

ew what the hell

Boyager

you get what you pay for

Go Up