October 17, 2024, 12:24:47 PM

1,531,335 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Rock Climbing/Bouldering

Started by strongbad, February 03, 2011, 05:21:28 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I was looking for a new hobby that would give me some physical exercise, since I quit the swim team here (it was horrible  doodthing;), and I decided to start going to the rock wall at our gym. I rented shoes once for $4, had a great time, and then bought some for $90 (christ they are expensive shoes) and have been going just about every day for the past few weeks. It's fun as hell. Technically it's bouldering, but whatever.

Anybody climbed before? I'm able to tackle V2's and easier V3's I think, since the rock wall recently changed the scoring system to 100s, 200s, etc after a competition, and I know that 200's =/= V2's. Yesterday I finished what's probably the hardest course I've done yet, a 255 where you have to do a little bit of overhang and it's hard as fuck. Super satisfying to finish, since I've been working on it for around a week.

But yeah ITT rock climbing

Thyme

Nyerp

you clearly need to party less to get better at rock climbing, you child

Hiro

I don't know much about it, but it is quite fun. One of my classes this semester ends in a month, so my friend wants me to take a rock-climbing class with her when it starts in april. I'm considering it.

Also, I wonder if fivefingers would be good for rock climbing befuddlement

strongbad

Quote from: Admin on February 03, 2011, 05:26:35 PM
I don't know much about it, but it is quite fun. One of my classes this semester ends in a month, so my friend wants me to take a rock-climbing class with her when it starts in april. I'm considering it.

Also, I wonder if fivefingers would be good for rock climbing befuddlement

I'm planning on going real climbing with my friend who I boulder with (he climbed a lot over the summer) and I can't wait.

I actually went with a friend of mine a couple weeks ago who brought his fivefingers and they worked pretty well. Not as good as climbing shoes, but definitely better than tennis shoes or anything else.

Commander Fuckass

Fivefingers are gay hipster shit. I wish the person who invented them would fucking die
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

strongbad

Quote from: Kefka on February 03, 2011, 08:55:56 PM
Fivefingers are gay hipster shit. I wish the person who invented them would fucking die

They're super comfortable and great for your feet doodthing;
Dismissing something worthwhile because it's "hipster shit" makes you worse than these "hipsters" in my opinion.

Travis

Quote from: MF Doom on February 03, 2011, 10:45:02 PM
Dismissing something worthwhile because it's "hipster shit" makes you worse than these "hipsters" in my opinion.
not to mention that makes absolutely no sense and sounds dumb as hell

Daddy

Sillbury

that's a pretty badass hobby broski

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: MF Doom on February 03, 2011, 10:45:02 PM
im so hipster~~~~~~~
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Dullahan

I'm afraid of heights, so I don't rock climb.

Go Up