October 01, 2024, 03:41:44 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Which Final Fantasy would you say is the best of the series?

Started by Volvagia, January 30, 2011, 08:46:24 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Volvagia

A friend and I were talking about the series the other day in class and he was talking about how he had only ever played FF8 when he was a kid an doesn't remember much about the game -  which is a good thing in my opinion (even though people love it and all) is one of the crappier FF's.

He wanted to get into the series but knows how long the games are in terms of  "how long it takes to complete" and just wanted to play one of the better ones.

I've only ever played 7, half of 8, 9, 10 & 13 so my experience with the series isn't widespread enough to say which one people should start with to really appreciate the series.

Which FF (or FF's if you have a few favourites), are truly worthwhile and are the best in the series and are the ones you'd recommend to people who've never played the games before?

Samus Aran

I've only played about half of the main series, but...6 is my favorite, and 7 is my second favorite.

6 just has everything I could ask for in an FF game. The classic battle system, the grandiose story, the memorable characters (although we could really do without the optional ones and Gau), the amazing music, etc.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Presea on January 30, 2011, 10:26:50 AM
I've only played about half of the main series, but...6 is my favorite, and 7 is my second favorite.

6 just has everything I could ask for in an FF game. The classic battle system, the grandiose story, the memorable characters (although we could really do without the optional ones and Gau), the amazing music, etc.
Shadow and Moogle where pretty awesome.

But my Favorites are FFVI and FFXII
Final Fantasy VI and FFXII both have memorable characters, and FFXII's battle system is the best in the series
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Quote from: Kefka on January 30, 2011, 12:20:27 PM
Shadow and Moogle where pretty awesome.

you mean Mog :|

but yeah i actually meant that i could do without Umaro and Gogo

burzumfan420

i really like 9, mainly for it's laid back/humorous  nature.

mariofreak

Of the numbered ones, I have to go with 4. Followed by 7, 1, 13, and 10. I can't even say I enjoyed 1, 2, or 3. That accounts for all that I've played.

But I enjoyed Tactics Advance and Tactics A2 more than all of the numbered ones IMO.

burzumfan420

i think final fantasy IV is the greatest starter IMO

good story + expected RPG standards in a game. feels comfortable to play

Nyerp

ok if he's cool with 2D grafics (and isn't a fag) tell him to start with IV

if he wants a more ~modern~ (but uglier, srs) experience tell him to play VII

burzumfan420

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

First game I played in the series. Loved the art style in it, plus it's the only game in the series where I wanted to play with all the characters, not just some and leave the others out. Like fucking 12.

fuck 12. that piece of shit. i hated that one.

none of you motherfuckers better say 12.

Nyerp

Quote from: Lookout, it's fucking Not Sid! on January 30, 2011, 09:05:30 PM

First game I played in the series. Loved the art style in it, plus it's the only game in the series where I wanted to play with all the characters, not just some and leave the others out. Like fucking 12.

fuck 12. that piece of shit. i hated that one.

none of you motherfuckers better say 12.

i feel 9 is a bad place to start because it's essentially a love letter to the early FFs and all the references would be lost on you

it is my fave though so yeah :D

but i wouldn't say all of the characters are useful, especially freya and amarant

also yes FUCK 12

KonohaShinobi

Final Fantasy IV is the best Final Fantasy

Best Story
-Twists everywhere
-rather dark in general (character deaths)

Best Characters
-Kain and Cecil
-GOL-FUCKING-BEZ

Greatest Music
-opening score
-best chocobo score

Dullahan

Final Fantasy IV is the only one I beat. And I enjoy it the most.

Go Up