October 01, 2024, 03:43:08 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

BREAKING NEWS: NEW KIRBY WII GAME

Started by Commander Fuckass, January 28, 2011, 02:06:29 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

whoa whoa whoa, if you did not like Epic Yarn, you don't like good games, period. -100 respect points, man.

regardless, awesome to see them making a traditional Kirby as well.

Classic

Commander Fuckass

I liked it. I just said it looks better  akudood;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Quote from: Kefka on January 28, 2011, 03:15:27 PM
I liked it. I just said it looks better  akudood;

"Kirby's Epic shit"

unless you're into scat, that doesn't really imply that you like the game

Hiro

Epic yarn was really good, but this looks so much better. Graphics look nice, good to see it's back to sucking up enemies, and it just looks much more chaotic and badass.

bluaki

The two new powerups shown are "Whip" and "Leaf". This looks like that game they delayed since Gamecube times.

My first Kirby game was Crystal Shards, so it's nice to finally see another 3D Kirby game.

Nintendo also announced a new (mostly unknown) game, likely separate from previous franchises, called Pandora's Tower. They show a picture of the back of some woman (JRPG style) covered in a large tattoo. And the CERO C rating (higher than any other Nintendo game I know of; equivalent of low M).
http://kotaku.com/5745702/nintendos-new-wii-game-has-classy-music-and-a-large-back-tattoo

Jared

Quote from: bluaki on January 28, 2011, 05:23:38 PM
This looks like that game they delayed since Gamecube times.

No way. That one had the ability to stack and ride monsters. Doesn't look like this one at all.

But I'm wiiiicked excited for this. I've loved Kirby ever since Kirby's Adventure, and ESPECIALLY Crystal Shards. :D

Samus Aran

Quote from: Jared on January 28, 2011, 06:35:37 PM
No way. That one had the ability to stack and ride monsters. Doesn't look like this one at all.

So? That doesn't mean that it's not the same game engine, just updated with things taken out or added.

ME##

Hiro

Quote from: Presea on January 28, 2011, 07:38:50 PM
So? That doesn't mean that it's not the same game engine, just updated with things taken out or added.
I agree with him actually. This new one has almost a cel-shaded style to it, and just a different feel to it overall. The Gamecube one looked a lot like Brawl, actually. If you watch the trailer, you'll see that they aren't very similar. There very well could be a few borrowed elements, but it looks like a very different game.

Dullahan

In my opinion, this looks more promising than Epic Yarn.

I think this because it follows the standard element of Kirby. I also found Epic Yarn lacking a bit in the challenge department. I'm hoping this will step it up a bit. Not saying it's a bad game in anyway.

Nyerp

sorry for the kono moment but OH MY GOD THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HOLLLLLYYYY FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKK YYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS

Jared

I agree that this looks better than Epic Yarn. Epic yarn was amazingly adorable and fun, but this looks like a more classic Kirby game. And Kirby is my lover.

mariofreak

Epic Yarn was amazing, but this looks so much better. I'm pumped man. I just wish they would push it back a little to the inevitable dead time with no new Nintendo games that will happen in 12-13.

Go Up