October 11, 2024, 12:15:50 AM

1,531,326 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Who here doesn't attend college

Started by Hiro, January 25, 2011, 08:19:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

And if so how is your life without it
Because I'm probably going to get kicked out of school for being a pile of shit

Andria

Travis

i don't

[spoiler]because i'm in high school[/spoiler]

Hiro

Quote from: Echo on January 25, 2011, 08:20:06 PM
Why are you gonna get kicked out?  O_0
I'm already on academic probation, i'm going to be far behind on my degree, and I can't see me doing any better at school if I can't even seem to handle the freshman courses

Travis

Hiro

Quote from: Travis on January 25, 2011, 08:24:06 PM
i don't get what's so hard for you
i don't either
i just suck at school i guess

burzumfan420

i dont i dropped out i have a job that pays 13 dollar n hour now.

Commander Fuckass

I don't know where I would be if I dropped out of college  akudood;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

burzumfan420

i wll b there 4 u. to tuk u in at night

Hiro

Quote from: Kefka on January 25, 2011, 08:36:38 PM
I don't know where I would be if I dropped out of college  akudood;
same here
i just need to stop being a pile of shit
problem is, i don't know how

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Admin on January 25, 2011, 08:22:52 PM
i'm going to be far behind on my degree,

Don't worry about that. Most people don't graduate on time. I'm disgustingly far behind on my program, and I"m switching again.

Quote from: Admin on January 25, 2011, 08:22:52 PM
I'm already on academic probation

I was once too. Is it just lack of effort or something more? (or less?)

Maybe it's just the program you've chosen. Look at the classes you excel in or at least enjoy and work from there.

I've known people who took a year or a semester off to work and kind of regroup. If you're still living under parent's insurance and stuff like that, it can be a big leap. I know I had to be qualified as a full time student to still receive health insurance from my father's work place.

And I know people who decided school wasn't for them. One guy's making 22 dollars an hour at an entry level position.

Hiro

The classes I enjoy are not the classes I do well in, it seems.
I probably will change my major, and my entire family is going to be massively disappointed in me. i'll figure something out. i don't really know though. I'll likely end up picking a really shitty major that can't get anyone a decent job.

Andria

What right do they have to be disappointed in you over changing majors though? that is just stupid and unfair to you

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Admin on January 25, 2011, 08:50:56 PM
The classes I enjoy are not the classes I do well in, it seems.
I probably will change my major, and my entire family is going to be massively disappointed in me. i'll figure something out. i don't really know though.

That should be a non-issue. Even if your parents are funding your schooling, your further educational choices are entirely up to you. You should by no means base a course of action to fulfill what you think they want you to do.

Regardless, like I said, most people change majors at least once.

Quote from: Admin on January 25, 2011, 08:50:56 PM
I'll likely end up picking a really shitty major that can't get anyone a decent job.

Obviously you have to consider the job market afterward, but I'm a proponent of basing a program on what you're directly interested in/passionate about.

If you focus on a major that doesn't have a great track record for available jobs, you're going to really have to put a lot into marketing yourself after you graduate.

Nyerp

i'm in collage but i don't have a major!!!!!!!!!!!!! hocuspocus;

Go Up