i am obsessed with organization, yet only in certain ways and at certain times

Started by Samus Aran, January 21, 2011, 06:38:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

It's weird. In many ways, I'm a complete slob. I rarely clean my room, I never make my bed, I oversleep constantly and put things off until the last moment.

But at the same time, when I DO clean my room, I'm extremely meticulous about it. I have certain ways everything has to be organized. It has to be perfect. In addition, I absolutely adore making lists. New music playlists is one thing, but taking inventory of my personal belongings is a bit silly, looking back on it (like my master video game list, my to-listen-to list, my to-play game list). And of course, I love MyAnimeList, and my obsession with lists takes on a frightening new form there, where it is a genuine frustration for me that my list summary is no longer updating correctly there, and I've been doing all sorts of things to try to correct it, to no avail.

Is anyone else here like this? I have to wonder why my organization obsession is only a spur-of-the-moment sort of thing, and only in dealing with certain things. It's not really obsessive-compulsive, because it doesn't happen enough...but I do get genuine pleasure from it, and it relaxes me a lot.

Nyerp

Andria

Selkie

I can tolerate a little bit of disorganization in my room, but too much drives me crazy.

I prefer for it to be perfect

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Kalahari Inkantation

i make lists of my homework too, but they're usually written on my palm 5thgrade;
that's as organized as i'll ever get goowan

Quote from: Kefka on January 21, 2011, 03:25:04 PM
I organize my vidya's in alphabetical order  giggle;

you should try organizing your apostrophe's better madood;

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Pam on January 21, 2011, 03:32:43 PM
i make lists of my homework too, but they're usually written on my palm 5thgrade;
that's as organized as i'll ever get goowan

you should try organizing your apostrophe's better madood;
uguuuuuuuuu~

ME##

I've been using Google Calendar's task function to make to-do lists as well as writing down things I plan to do.  And I'm very particular about how I organise things on my computers. 

But my room can best be described as organised but at the same time a bit messy.  I hate when my room is spotless since the lack of carpet means that even the smallest sounds are amplified and it just bugs me. 

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Hurluberlu on January 21, 2011, 03:43:17 PM
I've been using Google Calendar's task function to make to-do lists as well as writing down things I plan to do.  And I'm very particular about how I organise things on my computers. 

But my room can best be described as organised but at the same time a bit messy.  I hate when my room is spotless since the lack of carpet means that even the smallest sounds are amplified and it just bugs me. 
hardwood floors suck  akudood;

?????

Die for Dethklok

burzumfan420

Samus Aran

Go Up