October 01, 2024, 12:19:49 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I saw your feat from the grass

Started by YPrrrr, January 16, 2011, 04:35:21 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

I know this may be silly but I was stunned moments ago when I read this dialogue from the trainer to the left of nugget bridge in that patch of grass all by himself. Every time I've played red and blue, which has to be nearing triple digits, i've sworn it said "feet." I initially thought it was a typo but he's actually referring to beating all of the trainers onthe bridge. Weird.

Also i just found out you can catch a mew without a gameshark and before even getting your second badge. Which I'm sure is old news for you nintendo nerds but it's like missingno all over to me.

So I guess the topic is things you never knew about in your games as a kid. I'm bored and on a bus so I apologize for rambling

Thyme

Quote from: YPR on January 16, 2011, 04:35:21 PM
Also i just found out you can catch a mew without a gameshark and before even getting your second badge. Which I'm sure is old news for you nintendo nerds but it's like missingno all over to me.

You're gonna have to explain yourself there Aubrey. baddood;

um anyway i loved the original star fox as a kid but i didn't know about the awesome black hole and out of this dimension until way later

YPrrrr

It's hard to explain in words, especially from a phone, but there are videos of how to do it on youtube. girl;

Basically all you need to do it is am abra and to have not fought two specific trainers in cerulean.

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on January 16, 2011, 04:50:39 PM
It's hard to explain in words, especially from a phone, but there are videos of how to do it on youtube. girl;

Basically all you need to do it is am abra and to have not fought two specific trainers in cerulean.

There's another way to do it too that involves getting in a certain trainer's line of sight and then using fly and then doing some other things too.

Also, I never managed to misunderstand what that kid was saying.

Also also, while we're talking about old Pokemon games, am I the only one that was genuinely creeped out by the ruins in Gold/Silver with Unown?

In addition, that "guy on the roof" glitch in Red/Blue always creeped me out too.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Presea on January 17, 2011, 01:05:39 AM
There's another way to do it too that involves getting in a certain trainer's line of sight and then using fly and then doing some other things too.

Also, I never managed to misunderstand what that kid was saying.

Also also, while we're talking about old Pokemon games, am I the only one that was genuinely creeped out by the ruins in Gold/Silver with Unown?

In addition, that "guy on the roof" glitch in Red/Blue always creeped me out too.
Yeah there's a couple trainers it will work on, fly or teleport both work. You then have to fight a youngster with a slowpoke up by bills house or the first swimmer in mistys gym before walking back up nugget bridge.

Unown never really phased me and I don't think I know of thai glitch

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: Presea on January 17, 2011, 01:05:39 AM

No, you're not.  I never liked to stay there for very long because it was so spooky. saddood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: YPR on January 17, 2011, 02:03:27 AM
thai glitch

lol n_u

anyway, you know that spot along cinnabar you surf in order to catch pokemon from wherever you last were, plus missingno.? if you go right next to the gym (forgot it's the gym, not the pokecenter) and then get back on land, and go to the door, there should be someone on top of it, just for a moment

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOgVwNjTps4[/youtube]

Go Up