October 28, 2024, 07:32:46 AM

1,531,342 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Hardstyle

Started by strongbad, January 11, 2011, 07:27:55 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Runner Up: Strongbutt on January 12, 2011, 09:37:25 PM
I'm all for sharing opinions, and I'm not directing this at you specifically, but it seems whenever somebody posts something slightly unpopular, people are mean about it.

Like shit, I don't care if you come in here and say you don't like it, but most of the posts are just people saying how HORRIBLE it is and how awful it sounds. I just see no need to be an asshole about it. Besides, I didn't start the topic saying "LOOK AT THIS AWESOME NEW GENRE I DISCOVERED SHARE YOUR OPINIONS." I asked if anybody else was into it, and was looking for somebody to share tracks with. I didn't create this thread with the intention of people saying how horrible my taste in music is. Even though it shouldn't, stuff like that gets to me. It gets to most people. I'd be pretty surprised if somebody said that they were really into a song while driving, and every passenger went on to say how HORRIBLE it was, that the driver wouldn't take it somewhat personally.

But then again this is just how I see things, maybe I need to stop taking things so fucking seriously. Or go talk to somebody and get a lot of drugs to make me feel better. I feel like this all the time now

I understand that a few of us were coming off as dicks, but there was no ill will, mostly on my part.

Quote from: Admin on January 12, 2011, 09:40:30 PM
That's shitty David. Maybe you ease down on the drugs and partying  :(

But this might have some serious merit to it. A lot of your posts directly and completely revolve around taking them/experiences, which is all good and well, to an extent. It's exciting to share new experiences.

But, you come off as a little strung out. Maybe tone it down a bit. Obviously I cant speak for any experiences you're having, but I've gone through the same thing, on some level or another.

The moment you start using to make you feel better, it's time to take a quick look at how much/how often you use, and for what purpose. It should be a recreational thing, not a crutch.

Nyerp

anyway what i don't understand is that whenever someone makes a song that sounds kind of weird there has to be a whole new genre for it with a dumb name and a "scene"

Hiro

Quote from: Chemical Zen on January 12, 2011, 10:04:33 PM
The moment you start using to make you feel better, it's time to take a quick look at how much/how often you use, and for what purpose. It should be a recreational thing, not a crutch.
Exactly why I was expressing my concern.

burzumfan420

Quote from: Panty on January 12, 2011, 10:34:02 PM
anyway what i don't understand is that whenever someone makes a song that sounds kind of weird there has to be a whole new genre for it with a dumb name and a "scene"
usually it is an "esteemed Critic" that comes up with the genre name/scene stereotypes and people start using it so much that it becomes impossible not to use it even if you hate the term

strongbad

Quote from: Admin on January 12, 2011, 09:40:30 PM
That's shitty David. Maybe you ease down on the drugs and partying  :(

Lol that has nothing to do with anything. I'm really not a druggie, I'm just interested in them. Don't worry, I'm not doing anything past Cannabis or Shrooms.

I'm mostly over exaggerating in this topic, like seriously. I just hate how you guys turn into assholes. Trust me, I'm okay.

Nyerp

Quote from: villinman666 on January 12, 2011, 11:44:47 PM
usually it is an "esteemed Critic" that comes up with the genre name/scene stereotypes and people start using it so much that it becomes impossible not to use it even if you hate the term

oh thank you that was very helpful :)

Selkie

I won't discriminate against any of the music posted in this thread.

I fucking hate techno in general.

And I hate how techno is what is played at parties. And the argument used is, "well you can dance to it". Yea, if you wanna dance like a mindless droning robot.

There is SUCH better music to dance to, that actually has soul to it also.

HuntMac

burzumfan420

Quote from: Selkie on January 13, 2011, 06:29:12 PM
I won't discriminate against any of the music posted in this thread.

I fucking hate techno in general.

And I hate how techno is what is played at parties. And the argument used is, "well you can dance to it". Yea, if you wanna dance like a mindless droning robot.

There is SUCH better music to dance to, that actually has soul to it also.
' te ch no"  owns thoguh and has supreme soul.

Daddy

Quote from: Selkie on January 13, 2011, 06:29:12 PM
And I hate how techno is what is played at parties.
i h8 hao every elctronic based song is kaled tekno at parties

Nyerp

burzumfan420

is scooter considered hardstyle

i no they say happy hxc. but ya

?????

Die for Dethklok

Nyerp

why does that have so many views

Go Up