September 24, 2024, 03:31:34 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I feel like I've lost my connection with the internet

Started by strongbad, December 22, 2010, 01:24:08 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I somehow spend hours a day on the internet, but I feel disconnected from everything. I used to be a regular on so many sites, and I used to have so many internet friends, but now I feel like I have nothing.
This is kind of a funny post because my social life is flourishing right now, which is great, and my internet life, which I've apparently taken for granted, is starting to dissolve.
Now, my internet usage seems to rotate between Facebook, reddit, and Boyah. Before, it was the same story with sites like GBAtemp, and Destructoid thrown in. Go back IN POG FORM a couple years and I had more forums like IFCA and NWP (lol i don't think anybody will get this one) that I frequented and was very well known on. I had so many relationships that I maintained over MSN and the forums themselves and almost all of those are gone. I do have Boyah now, but it's not the same. There are relatively no members that I talk to outside of Boyah (instant messenger, etc) and I don't frequent the chat thread at all, so I'm constantly feeling left out.

I'm not really complaining or anything, because I love my life now, it's just interesting how I always took my internet relationships for granted, and once I stopped putting effort into them, they disappeared. I'm sure I could start posting on more forums and meet more people, but it's not the same.

DAE feel like the same thing has happened to them? Share your stories  hocuspocus;

??????

LOL SAME
I only use the Internet for Facebook, Boyah, and one or two more sites.
Even on AIM, I only really talk to 2 people from the Internet: Felt and Famy.

Relationships of any kind die out once you stop putting effort in them--it's a bit more messy in real life though. If only I can sign on and off in real life, or appear as invisible. ;__;
My social life hasn't really flourished since I'm slightly more misanthropic now, but I did make a new friend with whom I can talk and hang out for more than 9+ hrs. some weeks ago.

EVERYTHING BALANCES OUT

Hippopo

I only  use the internet for news, Boyay, music... And....  French.  sillydood;

But I used to visit NSider exclusively. So I guess my Internet horizons have spread since high school.

Classic

It's called balance. I have both lives. Sure, I give my social life more time, but when I have a free our or two with nothing to do, I go online. Simple as that.

Nyerp

the internet is the only thing resembling "social interaction" i get 5thgrade;

and i don't even do much interacting lol

Selkie

Nyerp

Daddy

>DAE

FUCKING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

No I have a life and have time for Boyah. akudood;

bluaki

Daddy

strongbad

Quote from: dead is dr scholls on December 23, 2010, 04:40:59 PM
I get the IFCA part.  happydood;

We still have a relationship based off memories David.

I miss talking to you and Blake and Koopler and SBKT on msn :(

Daddy

strongbad

strongbad

Quote from: dead is dr scholls on December 25, 2010, 10:58:15 PM
Blake and that asian girl he had an online relationship with, good times.

Koopler was the fucking man never talked to someone more retarded and intelligent at the same time.

SBKT was a freak.

Oh god. Asian girl lives close to me and sends me messages on facebook from time to time lol

Yeah Koopler was a strange person. Apparently he's trying to move to washington for school and he wants to hang out lol.

Go Up