October 04, 2024, 02:28:24 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

therapy

Started by hobbit, December 20, 2010, 06:16:10 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

hobbit

have any of you gone to therapy? or seen a shrink or whatever. i'm not too keen on specific terminology. what did you think about it? i've decided that i probably need to see one and i'm just wondering what you guys think of them.

Daddy

??????

this was actually my last thread but i edited it about rice
I have a psychological evaluation on Tuesday, though I'm not sure why (i suspect someone told them something)

a shrink is slang for psychotherapist--meaning that they're a psychologist
a psychologist is different from a psychiatrist
psychiatrists deal with drugs and medicine
psychologists don't have the power to do so, but they can guide you to a psychiatrist if you need it (they often work together in offices)

in your case, you're somewhat starting to experience the feeling of being trapped by anxiety
a *behaviorist psychologist would help with that with ease, since they'll gradually help you adjust to social situations

personally, i had a terrible time with my *psychoanalyst (she was my first one) that she sent me to be institutionalized, where i met other various psychologists. one specialized in behaviorism and she helped me to overcome my generalized anxiety. but anxiety wasn't my core issues--my core issues were deep inside and I haven't had the time to discuss them since my time was cut short

if you need to discuss personal issues or want direction in your life (or, if you're suffering from fixations and projectile issues), a psychoanalyst would be a very perfect match, but be warned that it's somewhat difficult to find one who knows what they're doing

usually, almost all psychologists are eclectic, but most are becoming secularized and side with behaviorism

right now, i think i may need a psychologist--there are some issues that I'm aware of, but can't seem to find why I act upon them (my urge to conceptualize women as inferior, madonna/whore complexes, hatred against the childhood self, etc) I'm even beginning to be fearful of separating myself from my issues, since i'm so used to them.  i'm just somewhat reluctant and fearful that my eccentricity may be confused with a disorder and get myself signed to psychiatric ward again when i don't need it

* behaviorism: you learned the issues you have (learned how to be anxious, etc.) because of this, you can unlearn them as well
*psychoanalysis: making your unconscious feelings conscious

also, if you need any direction or guidance or help i'm always here to help <3
we can find our psychologists TOGETHER

hobbit

??????

Quote from: hobbit on December 20, 2010, 07:54:14 AM
why is that?
he never had real problems ;__;
fucking normals

LCK

clucky is just going to make you think you're insane

YPrrrr

I had to go to counselling for anger management, but it was essentially psychology since there was the whole lay down on the couch aspect... And then she wanted to prescribe me drugs from a psychiatrist but I kindly told her she could waste her time because I'd refuse to take them n_u

Cookie

??????

Quote from: You86 on December 20, 2010, 08:26:33 AM
clucky is just going to make you think you're insane
LIES
i'm just going to make him think everyone else is insane besides myself
Quote from: YPR on December 20, 2010, 08:27:22 AM
I had to go to counselling for anger management, but it was essentially psychology since there was the whole lay down on the couch aspect... And then she wanted to prescribe me drugs from a psychiatrist but I kindly told her she could waste her time because I'd refuse to take them n_u
the psych. ward i was in focused solely on anger management in the teen sessions. i remember feeling so out of place when all they talked about was anger and i was the only one in there who was depressed  n_n

FAMY2

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on December 20, 2010, 08:19:57 AM
he never had real problems ;__;
fucking normals

My doctor told me there was nothing wrong with me because I could laugh at times.  giggle;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on December 20, 2010, 08:47:25 AM

besides myself the psych. ward i was in focused solely on anger management in the teen sessions. i remember feeling so out of place when all they talked about was anger and i was the only one in there who was depressed  n_n

I think they misdiagnosed me but I reinforced their opinion when I got angry and frustrated when I had no idea why they were assuming certain things about me girl;

Nyerp

Quote from: YPR on December 20, 2010, 09:20:02 AM
I think they misdiagnosed me but I reinforced their opinion when I got angry and frustrated when I had no idea why they were assuming certain things about me girl;

what were they ASSuming?????

YPrrrr

Quote from: Panty on December 20, 2010, 10:22:19 AM
what were they ASSuming?????
They would put words in my mouth and respond with generic psychobabble and I'd be like are you even listening akudood;

ME##

Quote from: YPR on December 20, 2010, 02:04:05 PM
They would put words in my mouth and respond with generic psychobabble and I'd be like are you even listening akudood;

They can't hear you through all of their crazy goowan

Daddy

that boy needs therapy

Go Up