October 01, 2024, 03:29:09 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Unsettling things in video games

Started by Nyerp, December 01, 2010, 08:12:04 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

ikana canyon, the whole area

the dead look of everything, the graveyard, the music box house, the gibdos everywhere

ughh

though that was my favorite area in the game because of its atmosphere alone

rdl

ikana canyon is the definition of unsettling, especially without the garo mask because those dialog boxes always pop up about something wanting your blood or whatever.

god i hope i get to replay majora this winter break

Samus Aran

Quote from: Panty on December 04, 2010, 05:56:57 PM
ikana canyon, the whole area

the dead look of everything, the graveyard, the music box house, the gibdos everywhere

ughh

though that was my favorite area in the game because of its atmosphere alone

same here, the whole place kicks ass

and the song that the music house plays is more creepy than cheerful

ME##

sneaking around in mgs3 was unsettling goowan

wawi

December 04, 2010, 11:13:15 PM #20 Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:16:16 PM by Kapitän Deutschland
the fire temple in OoT. Very hard to play still for some reason
DAT MUSIC
also, star wars: shadows of the empire had some weird but chilling vibe to some of the levels like the sewer level
OH
ALSO: LSD for PS1
and Yume Nikki omg ;-;
every part of these games is pretty eerie

Nyerp

Samus Aran

i guess

Giygas was a much more unsettling final boss :'(

me003

Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Nyerp

that's weird but i also get this funny feeling whenever i jump from a high place in a video game but i think that's normal

Infel

Walking into empty rooms in a lot of games can be extremely unsettling. You are always hyped when playing games like say, Half-Life, and this room, so much effort to get to, all this way...

And it's completely empty. Nothing there to even interact with besides the door you came in.

Samus Aran

i know a lot of people mention this, but i really do not like that crazy dentist in bioshock, mostly because he just stands there. he'll never even attack you, even if you turn around and look right back at him.

also, nothing unsettles me more than those weird, spastic game crashes in old games where it makes a bunch of garbled noises and the screen goes nuts

Nyerp

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhfZVd9N9ww[/youtube]

imagine playing a game and the game thinks you pirated it even though you didn't :'(

Samus Aran

i had the original donkey kong country suddenly quit on me and then go to an anti-emulation screen

only game i ever experienced it in, and it hasn't happened since

[hedy]Zidone

One time I was playing Kirby Superstar; I was at the Dynablade level/episode/whatever

I got teleported to Marx for no goddamn reason and the graphics and sound were fucked up and I didn't sleep that night :'(

Go Up