September 12, 2024, 03:51:33 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Twilight Zone

Started by Samus Aran, October 30, 2010, 03:27:24 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

So, I don't really watch much TV, but one show that always captivated me was The Twilight Zone. I used to watch it on the Sci-Fi channel sometimes. Just in the past couple days, I've sort of re-discovered the joy of watching this show.

So, anyone here have a favorite episode of Twilight Zone?

I'd have to go with "Walking Distance" or "The Long Morrow." Other runner-ups include "A Game of Pool" and "The Masks." And of course there's "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge," but that's not a real episode so much as a short film that was purchased and then aired as a TZ episode.

And dear god don't pick anything from after the original five seasons from 1959 to 1964.

Classic

I LOVE THE TWILIGHT ZONE

I can't remember the titles of my two favorites...but they're the ones when
[spoiler= Fave #1]The guy hides in the safe to read and survives the atomic blast...so he's free to read forever but his glasses fall and get smashed. :'([/spoiler]
[spoiler=Fave #2]The mannequins at the mall all come to life and start chasing after the woman but it turns out she had the chance to be human and it was someone else's turn. [/spoiler]

Samus Aran

I don't remember the second one. befuddlement

But the first in is called "Time Enough at Last" and it's such a good episode, great choice. cjlubdoods;

Classic

Oh Kazzy. We just need to cuddle up and watch them all. :'(
I love New Year's because Sci-Fi has the annual marathon. <3

Nyerp

October 30, 2010, 09:40:07 PM #4 Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 09:47:24 PM by Nyerp
FUCK let's stream it for halloween plz

also i like "the hitch-hiker"

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on October 30, 2010, 09:40:07 PM
FUCK let's stream it for halloween plz

also i like "the hitch-hiker"

that would be kickass

maybe if wawi is available tomorrow night he could stream for us again, or maybe popsi

Samus Aran

Sci-Fi Channel is doing a Twilight Zone marathon right now...I thought they only did this for New Year's? Guess not. LOL AWESOME.

Samus Aran

...actually apparently it was just a few episodes early in the morning until paid programming

what a gyp akudood;

FAMY2

I only remember two. One was about a head in a jar or something. The other was about wishes. The old be careful what you wish for.

Samus Aran

Quote from: FAMY2 on October 31, 2010, 05:40:13 PM
The other was about wishes. The old be careful what you wish for.

If it's the one of the couple owning the antique shop who discovers a genie in a bottle, and the wishes end up having consequences (like heavy taxes on money, or becoming Hitler for power), then...that one is called "The Man in the Bottle" and it was actually on Syfy last night.

Samus Aran

you've got to be kidding me, there's nobody else that watches this? akudood;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I absolutely loved it when I was younger. I didn't have cable or anything and I'd have to go over to my grandparents to see it.

It's been a while. The last one I saw was the one where all the power gets shut off to that one street and everyone goes apeshit and starts blaming each other and it turns out it was just a big sociological experiment.

rdl

I always thought the show was hilarious.

My favorite is the one where bigfoot is ripping stuff off of the wing of a plane and some crazy guy is watching him and no one believes him but it turns out he was right and it's like woaawoaaahwoawhao

Samus Aran

Quote from: XLR on November 02, 2010, 08:34:54 PM
I always thought the show was hilarious.

My favorite is the fuck where bigfoot is ripping stuff off of the wing of a plane and some crazy guy is watching him and no fuck believes him but it turns out he was right and it's like woaawoaaahwoawhao

he looks more like a large ewok to me lol

Nightmare at 20,000 Feet

FAMY2

Quote from: Asuka on October 31, 2010, 06:47:55 PM
If it's the fuck of the couple owning the antique shop who discovers a genie in a bottle, and the wishes end up having consequences (like heavy taxes on money, or becoming Hitler for power), then...that fuck is called "The Man in the Bottle" and it was actually on Syfy last night.

It was one about a son who died and they wished him back to life. If I remember right they were Scottish or British and farmers.

DAMN IT I MISSED IT.   akudood;

Go Up