September 26, 2024, 09:22:16 PM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Started by Snowy, October 28, 2010, 05:48:16 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

?????

Quote from: XLR on October 28, 2010, 09:38:34 PM
i dont even remember why im pissy

but chances are i have a bad reason.

I think you will develop Alzheimer's
Die for Dethklok

Socks

Quote from: YPR on October 28, 2010, 09:33:51 PM
I only had 13 dollars, all of which I owed to a friend saddood;

Damn it Socks you sold me better than he did :'(

knowing myself i would have still given him that money and accepted the books genuinely, as if at bargain and under gift. then i would have worried about paying my friend all the way home. i guess i'm prone to being extremely generous and deceptively naive when approached for compassionate services, especially by people at miserable ends.

rdl

Quote from: TheSequel on October 28, 2010, 09:39:29 PM
I think you will develop Alzheimer's
i think im already retarded in some way im not entirely aware of yet

?????

Quote from: XLR on October 28, 2010, 09:41:13 PM
i think im already retarded in some way im not entirely aware of yet

It's never too early to begin decaying.  giggle;
Die for Dethklok

wawi

Quote from: XLR on October 28, 2010, 09:34:53 PM
europe = not religious
america = religious

america = no gay rights, contradicts bible
europe = not religious, doesnt care about bible, chances are theyre cool with gays because why else hate them

This is really a broad generalization...

Daddy

Quote from: XLR on October 28, 2010, 09:29:42 PM
They're not quite as vocal as half the asshole atheist i've met are.

confirmation bias methinks

if they're not quite as vocal then why was obama's religion such a huge issue in the last election
why is gay marriage such a huge issue
why do individuals of certain religious (or non religious) backgrounds have no chance of winning elections in their districts?

Quoteyou should know me by now i never remember the point of what im arguing

that is expected from your kind akudood;

Quotewhat does this mean

such a proposition doesn't exist. i can't think of any legislation that intends to restrict the equality or freedom of people to attempt to impose "atheist values".

the inverse of banning gay marriage--allowing it--doesn't force any values upon christians does it.  they are perfectly free not to get a gay marriage. oh no those evil atheists

you said implying and telling. im trying to make a point out of that. what it comes down to is essentially telling the other party that they're stupid. would you rather someone told you that you're a moron, or that they implied it? being told straight out is hard hitting, having it implied is just kind of awkward and degrading. they're both not nice, but, oh well.

Quoteagnosticism is belief that there's some sort of divine force that acts without having a sort of religion set up to worship him. what else would it be.
uh no it isn't?

agnostic theism maybe but not agnosticism as a whole...what you described is far from agnosticism

Quotei dont understand yo
oh
wait wait wait, how could atheism not operate off of chance? how else could it be organized without the belief in an organizer? big bang happened by chance, earth was formed by chance, earth became inhabitable instead of mars and venus because it ended up just far away from the sun, microorganisms evolved because of that.

no one knows why the big bang was formed, however if it wasn't formed no one would be here to say it was formed by chance, so it either happened or it didn't so if it happened the chance is irrelevant.

formation of the earth is not chance. such a process has been repeated throughout the universe. hundreds of extrasolar planets and planets in our own solar system, as well as observed formation of stars and their circumstellar disks show that this is not chance.

about earth being inhabitable just because it's "just far enough away from the sun" is a stupid argument. venus and mars also fit in that zone as do many discovered extrasolar planets.  WAIT JMV ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT IT ISN'T CHANCE THAT LIFE AROSE ON A PLANET THAT WAS IN THE GOLDILOCKS ZONE?  this probably still doesn't make much sense to you if you think a sky wizard did it.

uh let me try to put it in simple terms. if you line 100 people up and put a gun on a pivot with that can rotate 5.6Ã,º left and right and start firing the gun.  is it chance that someone in the range of the pivot got hit and not the 99th person in line?  sure it's possible that no one could get hit, but being in the range where being hit is possible is not chance because something outside the range wasn't hit.

of course with planets it gets more complicated but your example is stupid

you mean microorganisms evolved on a planet where life formed rather than one that didn't? DAMN WHAT CHANCE IS THAT.  

it all roots in an event that could or could not have happened. but it did. correct

lol go take a science class and a statistics class sir
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

i was talking more about tardnosticism and whatever you made up

Nyerp

imo god is an opinion and u jsut need to open you're mind too it

?????

Quote from: Nyerp on October 28, 2010, 10:00:22 PM
Your open onion is invalid
Die for Dethklok

Daddy

Quote from: Nyerp on October 28, 2010, 10:00:22 PM
jmv is such an asshole

imo understanding science is not required when you have faith and you can say the atheists are close minded akudood;

atheists should just open they're mind to it man. they need to stop being so close mined to ignorance of how science works and fall back on faith because the misunderstanding is not making sense

that is just my equallyvalid opinion though

rdl

Quote from: Khadafi on October 28, 2010, 09:52:01 PM
confirmation bias methinks

if they're not quite as vocal then why was obama's religion such a huge issue in the last election
why is gay marriage such a huge issue
why do individuals of certain religious (or non religious) backgrounds have no chance of winning elections in their districts?

that is expected from your kind akudood;
such a proposition doesn't exist. i can't think of any legislation that intends to restrict the equality or freedom of people to attempt to impose "atheist values".

the inverse of banning gay marriage--allowing it--doesn't force any values upon christians does it.  they are perfectly free not to get a gay marriage. oh no those evil atheists

you said implying and telling. im trying to make a point out of that. what it comes down to is essentially telling the other party that they're stupid. would you rather someone told you that you're a moron, or that they implied it? being told straight out is hard hitting, having it implied is just kind of awkward and degrading. they're both not nice, but, oh well.

uh no it isn't?

agnostic theism maybe but not agnosticism as a whole...what you described is far from agnosticism

no fuck knows why the big bang was formed, however if it wasn't formed no fuck would be here to say it was formed by chance, so it either happened or it didn't so if it happened the chance is irrelevant.

formation of the earth is not chance. such a process has been repeated throughout the universe. hundreds of extrasolar planets and planets in our own solar system, as well as observed formation of stars and their circumstellar disks show that this is not chance.

about earth being inhabitable just because it's "just far enough away from the sun" is a stupid argument. venus and mars also fit in that zone as do many discovered extrasolar planets.  WAIT JMV ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT IT ISN'T CHANCE THAT LIFE AROSE ON A PLANET THAT WAS IN THE GOLDILOCKS ZONE?  this probably still doesn't make much sense to you if you think a sky wizard did it.

uh let me try to put it in simple terms. if you line 100 people up and put a gun on a pivot with that can rotate 5.6º left and right and start firing the gun.  is it chance that someone in the range of the pivot got hit and not the 99th person in line?  sure it's possible that no fuck could get hit, but being in the range where being hit is possible is not chance because something outside the range wasn't hit.

of course with planets it gets more complicated but your example is stupid

you mean microorganisms evolved on a planet where life formed rather than fuck that didn't? DAMN WHAT CHANCE IS THAT. 

lol go take a science class and a statistics class siri was talking more about tardnosticism and whatever you made up

i dont know

Daddy

it's ok you are like 15

oh there are more to that post

i go off the observable and the empirical. filling the gaps with the unobservable and the unempirical is not reasonable.

i know to the degree that i know any other deity is also factual.

uh i would say 6, 6.5 if you find that 1-7 scale

?????

Die for Dethklok

rdl

Quote from: Khadafi on October 28, 2010, 10:24:06 PM
it's ok you are like 15
17, and a half

btw i didnt get your example with the gun can you explain it to me

also why do i need to know stats i dont get it

Daddy

Quote from: XLR on October 28, 2010, 10:25:55 PM
17, and a half
and you know the world baddood;

btw i didnt get your example with the gun can you explain it to me

[/quote]if someone is in a position to get shot and another person not in a position to get shot, the person in the position to get shot has an infinitely higher probability of getting shot than the person who was not in such a position.

now say that there were hundreds of millions in each group.  if one person got shot in that group yes there is chance and probability that that 1 individual got shot but for any individual to get shot is a different story.

also why do i need to know stats i dont get it
billions of planets over billions of light years over billions of years.

probability, causality, etc.

rdl

do you believe our current understanding of physics is correct? in the past scientists have been entirely wrong because the system they followed was wrong. what makes now different from then? 500 years down the line, what are the chances that they won't be laughing at our attempts to understand the universe?

Quote from: Khadafi on October 28, 2010, 10:35:35 PM
and you know the world baddood;
of course i read therefore i am

Go Up