July 05, 2024, 09:02:34 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Started by Volvagia, October 15, 2010, 05:15:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

you...can't die in the game?

what the fuck doodhuh;

??????

i never played a real kirby game
i played his Kirby avalanche game and that was it
i was very fond of the music and creepy characters even though i didn't know what the fuck they were  :(

Samus Aran

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on October 15, 2010, 10:05:43 PM
i never played a real kirby game
i played his Kirby avalanche game and that was it
i was very fond of the music and creepy characters even though i didn't know what the fuck they were  :(

me and my best friend in CA always reference the silly voice acting in that game. it's a grand old time. i'm pretty bad at that game though, always been bad at puzzlers.

burzumfan420

kirby is literally the best god damn game on this god damn planet

Geno

Quote from: Hïro on October 15, 2010, 11:19:33 AM
this
but I always hear Kirby games are easy and short, so I don't know if it'll be worth $50  awdood;
I hate you so much
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

rdl

Volvagia

Quote from: Nyerp on October 15, 2010, 10:01:12 PM
you...can't die in the game?

what the fuck doodhuh;

You fall in a hole and you get carried out. Very similar to that of the Mario Kart plummeting into the darkness of nothingness and being carried by Laikitu.

KonohaShinobi

Why are people saying $50 is too much for a kirby game? If you bought SuperStar Saga new on the DS, that would have been $35. SS  has SIGNIFICANTLY less content than Epic Yarn (Co-Op, a ton more levels, among other things), for $15 more, if you liked SS, why wouldn't you buy it? This is pretty much the kirby game that Nintendo has teased since the Gamecube came out, so if you were excited for that, you should buy this.
Quote from: Volvagia on October 16, 2010, 04:02:13 AM
You fall in a hole and you get carried out. Very similar to that of the Mario Kart plummeting into the darkness of nothingness and being carried by Laikitu.

This is interesting, I did not know this. Is there a lives system? It would feel weird to ask if there was a difficulty setting option on a nintendo game, but maybe there is one in Epic Yarn? Not as if anyone would play a kirby game for the challenge anyway.

Volvagia

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on October 16, 2010, 05:45:29 AM
Why are people saying $50 is too much for a kirby game? If you bought SuperStar Saga new on the DS, that would have been $35. SS  has SIGNIFICANTLY less content than Epic Yarn (Co-Op, a ton more levels, among other things), for $15 more, if you liked SS, why wouldn't you buy it? This is pretty much the kirby game that Nintendo has teased since the Gamecube came out, so if you were excited for that, you should buy this.This is interesting, I did not know this. Is there a lives system? It would feel weird to ask if there was a difficulty setting option on a nintendo game, but maybe there is fuck in Epic Yarn? Not as if anyone would play a kirby game for the challenge anyway.

There isn't a difficulty setting as far as I know, and also as far as I know, there isn't a life system. It punishes you for falling into holes though, it takes away A LOT of your collectables (gems things you need to progress in the game.) Say I have 400 and I fall into a hole, at least 200 of those will be scattered around me because I fell into the hole and it gives me next to little time to pick them all back up. I'm just glad it punishes you in some manner.

Samus Aran

Quote from: XLR on October 16, 2010, 12:18:12 AM
[spoiler=MUSICAL SPOILERS][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXe3gav1blk&feature=channel[/youtube]<3[/spoiler]

I love it. cjlubdoods;

It's not the best version of Butter Building's theme, but it's definitely up there.

rdl

yeah the new fuck is probably my second favorite

this fuck is the best
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iub1EgdvUQs[/youtube]
Quote from: Volvagia on October 16, 2010, 07:08:23 AM
There isn't a difficulty setting as far as I know, and also as far as I know, there isn't a life system. It punishes you for falling into holes though, it takes away A LOT of your collectables (gems things you need to progress in the game.) Say I have 400 and I fall into a hole, at least 200 of those will be scattered around me because I fell into the hole and it gives me next to little time to pick them all back up. I'm just glad it punishes you in some manner.
Being the purist that I am, I actually don't see what the big deal is. Dying in Kirby because I was screwing around too much with the Waddle Doos was always annoying, so, I'm sort of glad they axed it. Kirby isn't supposed to be hard, it's supposed to make you feel adorable <3

Samus Aran

October 16, 2010, 11:44:31 AM #28 Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 11:52:14 AM by Lain
yes that fuck is the best

i also always loved the kirby's avalanche version though

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv_F4-8xLno[/youtube]

C.Mongler

Go Up