July 05, 2024, 09:08:35 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Started by Volvagia, October 15, 2010, 05:15:12 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Volvagia

So it comes out in America on the 17th, it's already out in Japan and it's already leaked to the internet for the majority of us.

I'm playing the US version as the EU edition doesn't come out till Spring 2011, by that point I'll be playing MVC3 and won't really care for Epic Yarn so I might as well play it now.

It's actually really fun, I haven't played a Kirby game since I was a kid (Dreamland on the Gameboy) so it's a bit of a nostalgia rush for me in some ways.

Has anyone else played it/planning to pick it up?

Nyerp

Wrench

Not for $50. If it drops to about $30, I'll jump right on it, but right now it's outta the picture since I'm poor.

Classic

I had it reserved since E3. 2 days, bitches.

Samus Aran

FAMY2

I have been thinking about getting it. It would be my first Kirby game.

Hiro

Quote from: FAMY2 on October 15, 2010, 11:09:36 AM
this
but I always hear Kirby games are easy and short, so I don't know if it'll be worth $50  awdood;

Nyerp

Volvagia

Samus Aran

Quote from: FAMY2 on October 15, 2010, 11:09:36 AM
Quote from: Hïro on October 15, 2010, 11:19:33 AM
this
but I always hear Kirby games are easy and short, so I don't know if it'll be worth $50  awdood;

you guys better be kidding

don't get this as your first kirby game if you're worried about price. get that remake of super star on the ds or something.

kirby is a fucking excellent series and along with mario is probably the epitome of perfect platforming. the easy difficulty and short lengths don't drain from the endless replay value on his better games, if you ask me.

Classic

Kirby Superstar (DS or on VC) is a great game to start on because it has so much content in it.
Regardless, Epic Yarn looks very promising. <3

strongbad

I played it at PAX and I can vouch for the fact that it is fucking awesome to play

Kalahari Inkantation

i want but i'm poor :'(

kirby canvas curse is fun too cjlubdoods;

Hiro

Quote from: Lain on October 15, 2010, 12:21:50 PM
you guys better be kidding

don't get this as your first kirby game if you're worried about price. get that remake of super star on the ds or something.

kirby is a fucking excellent series and along with mario is probably the epitome of perfect platforming. the easy difficulty and short lengths don't drain from the endless replay value on his better games, if you ask me.
I've played a couple Kirby games for a few minutes, but I've never owned one
I once borrowed Canvas Curse from a friend and really enjoyed it, but it's not really like most Kirby games.
idk they always seem cute, just not worth the price
That said I probably should get an older one, but it might be a while (other games I want more, not much money)

rdl

canvas curse is amazing, i still need to pick it up.

im not gonna buy the new one for $50, for a Kirby game that's always a rip-off. Since there won't be a price drop, and electronics stores don't have sales anymore, I might wait until the Wii is dead or something to get it.

Go Up