September 23, 2024, 01:28:30 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How much you tip?

Started by me003, October 12, 2010, 01:08:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Travis

Quote from: cozio on October 12, 2010, 07:49:03 AM
i don't see the point in tipping when people act like it's mandatory
oh yay you're one of THOSE retards

Cookie

Most people who get tips make below minimum wage specifically because they make tips.

me003

well in my view it kinda is, we have free delivery, but I'm the fuck wasting gas, I need it to pay for gas. The restaurant only compensates $1 per delivery, and that's not cutting it when I drive all the way across town.
I'm doing you a service, it would be nice to tip.
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

Classic

I always tip $5 personally, without the party or group I'm in. It's my personal appreciation of their hard work. If I'm with friends or family, altogether the staff helping us will make around $30 in tips. We believe these people have worked very hard, and they deserve a little boost.

Pizza delivery, I tip $10. Driving all over town in a time limit, that has to be hard. Sometimes they'll get more than cash, though. yes;

burzumfan420

Mando Pandango

15% rounded to the nearest dollar on the whole bill. I'll add or subtract based on performance, but usually it stays around 15%.

I thought that was the norm.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

applesauce

I'll estimate 20%, and whatever is the closest to that I (over or under) I can make with the denominations I have on hand is what you get. Sometimes I'll tip more like 25% if I really appreciated it. If they're a dipshit, they won't get anything.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: applesauce on October 12, 2010, 05:22:15 PM
I'll estimate 20%, and whatever is the closest to that I (over or under) I can make with the denominations I have on hand is what you get. Sometimes I'll tip more like 25% if I really appreciated it. If they're a dipshit, they won't get anything.
wow way to 1-up me asshole :<
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

applesauce

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on October 12, 2010, 05:23:18 PM
wow way to 1-up me asshole :<

One time I left no tip for a $140 bill. The guy was a real dick.

Daddy

Once I delivered food because a friend called and told me her boss needed someone to cover a shift and no one else there had a car.

I got a $20 dollar tip from one person.

Socks

Quote from: applesauce on October 12, 2010, 05:25:33 PM
fuck time I left no tip for a $140 bill. The guy was a real dick.

i'm one of the few servers at my place who never requests that management add an automatic 18% gratuity (before tax) to bills of 'large' parties. the servers who do are either terrible at their craft, or have a corrupt view of humanity, including themselves. i am confident in the service i provide and come from a culture where generosity cannot be impressed, but must be earned.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Socks on October 12, 2010, 07:28:06 PM
i'm one of the few servers at my place who never requests that management add an automatic 18% gratuity (before tax) to bills of 'large' parties. the servers who do are either terrible at their craft, or have a corrupt view of humanity, including themselves. i am confident in the service i provide and come from a culture where generosity cannot be impressed, but must be earned.
fuck dat shit i want sum cash muney

Go Up