September 23, 2024, 03:25:37 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

How much you tip?

Started by me003, October 12, 2010, 01:08:29 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

me003

October 12, 2010, 01:08:29 AM Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 03:25:59 PM by Methree
Because I deliver pizzas; how much do you tip?

or are you those asshole kids that look at the credit card ticket and just sign n smile, or the lady with the husband who can't walk who says she'll bring $2 by the restaurant if I give her my name?
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

C.Mongler

Like 7 dollars. I get my pizza 50% off though because I work there. Also they are my bros so I hook it up

Socks

Quote from: Methree on October 12, 2010, 01:08:29 AM
Because I deliver pizzas; how much do you tip?

i am a 'terrible' tipper. although i'm fully aware of what i'm doing, i can never seem to stop myself from 'over tipping'. perhaps to some i come across as naive or stupid, but i couldn't be more conscious of the situation. i know the popular percentages through and through and can do the calculations, but i prefer to use a more personalized and compassionate scale of measure. this means whatever 'feels' right is what i leave.

i've been ordering pizza and cheesecakes for my brother on a regular basis, and usually leave the delivery guy anywhere from 3-5$ on bills ranging from 7 to 10 bucks. some places tack on a few dollars to the base charge to cover, or in some way compensate, for a possible lack of tip etc... (kind of a little necessary secret). anyway i don't sweat it, it's just money.

YPrrrr

Two bucks. I order about 10 dollars worth of food, so I don't feel bad on a 20% tip especially since it's not that far anyway.

sans culottes

i don't see the point in tipping when people act like it's mandatory
I support BUSH

Samus Aran

i've never ordered pizza by delivery before, i've always gone to get it myself or eaten in at a pizzeria befuddlement

though, at a typical restaurant, the minimum amount i tip is $3, unless i ordered practically nothing. i usually go by the 10% rule if the bill was high enough for 10% to be more than $3. if not, then $3 it is.

??????

I hand them a twenty when the pizza man charges me 15 something dollars. I intentionally say "Hey, just take the change, man" when they're in the midst of calculating the change. I wonder if it slightly pisses them off or something.  5thgrade;

Andria

I forgot to tip last time I ordered pizza online  :(

but that is what I do. I tip via the website since I never have cash on me. I hope they at least know I tipped and don't think I am a jerk.  akudood;

Socks

Quote from: Lain on October 12, 2010, 08:17:29 AM
though, at a typical restaurant, the minimum amount i tip is $3, unless i ordered practically nothing. i usually go by the 10% rule if the bill was high enough for 10% to be more than $3. if not, then $3 it is.

wow. '10% rule'? sounds like a lipstick way of saying i'm a cheap fucking bastard.

Samus Aran

October 12, 2010, 08:58:09 AM #9 Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 09:16:50 AM by Lain
Quote from: Socks on October 12, 2010, 08:44:46 AM
wow. '10% rule'? sounds like a lipstick way of saying i'm a cheap fucking bastard.

or "i don't have much money, sorry"

by the way, the rule works as "at least 10% of the bill," not exactly 10%. if the bill ends up being $50, i'm probably not going to only tip $5...but it also highly depends on whether the waiter/waitress was any good or not. it's just what i grew up around.

C.Mongler

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on October 12, 2010, 08:21:21 AM
I hand them a twenty when the pizza man charges me 15 something dollars. I intentionally say "Hey, just take the change, man" when they're in the midst of calculating the change. I wonder if it slightly pisses them off or something.  5thgrade;

It doesn't, they are only pretending to count your change waiting for you to say keep the change.

burzumfan420

i never get pizza delivered

C.Mongler

FAMY2

3 bucks or 20%. Whichever is more.

Cookie

I never get pizza.

But if my meal is $6 or below I tip $1.50, if it's $6 to $10 I tip $3.

I don't think I've ever had a meal that cost more than $10.

Go Up