October 01, 2024, 03:31:55 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Marvel VS. Capcom 3: The Fate of Two Worlds

Started by Volvagia, October 08, 2010, 05:35:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 11, 2011, 11:41:31 PM
- Seems about the same pace from what I can tell. And its pretty noob friendly considering I'm picking it up pretty quick and I blow at fighting games

-Training an mission mode. Training is well, room with an enemy and you can do whatever. Mission has you pull off listed combos for unlocks and shit. Oh theres a gallery too if thats hardens your pickle, but i dont really give a shit about game art

-Pretty much no story at all besides that [spoiler]at the end Galactus is trying to destroy the earth.[/spoiler]

Huge spoiler would have NEVER expected THAT  doodella;

Is the mission mode useful or can you get by without it? Like are you pretty much button mashing Cmongler or did mission mode tailor your skills?

Is every character unlocked from the beginning like in MvC2 (XBLA at least)? Also alternate costumes, are there any and are they unlocked from the beginning?

And have you played with DLC Jill? Is she any good, compared to Wesker or Chris?

C.Mongler

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on February 12, 2011, 12:17:09 AM
Huge spoiler would have NEVER expected THAT  doodella;

Is the mission mode useful or can you get by without it? Like are you pretty much button mashing Cmongler or did mission mode tailor your skills?

Is every character unlocked from the beginning like in MvC2 (XBLA at least)? Also alternate costumes, are there any and are they unlocked from the beginning?

And have you played with DLC Jill? Is she any good, compared to Wesker or Chris?

- You can definitely get by without it. In fact, getting past the 5th mission (Theres 10 for each character) is a pain in the ass unless you are really dedicated/ skilled, and most of the stuff you learned is kind of impossible to do in game. I'm with you on this one, I'd much prefer a tutorial that goes over basic game mechanics too, such as canceling and grabs and whatnot, because the missions do a very poor job of explaining anything.

-There are 4 characters that are locked in the beginning [spoiler]Akuma, Hsien-Ko, Sentinel, and Taskmaster[/spoiler] though the way you unlock characters is so well done they might as well not be. Basically if you beat arcade mode, you unlock a character. Play the game? unlock a character. Sit in the training mode for 5 hours? probably unlock all characters. Me and my friends played VS matches for 2 hours and unlocked every single character after we exited.

-No I haven't. DLC isn't out yet, and unless someone can create a hack that unlocks it, I wont be able to use them until the rest of you can too. I just know they are confirmed to be on the disk. Wesker is a beast by the way. Chris kind of sucks, though I havent really used him much yet so I could be wrong.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Volvagia

Clocked in like 10 hours today of MVC3. Been mostly playing these teams:

Viewtiful Joe/Spider-Man/Ryu
Viewtiful Joe/Ammy/Iron Man
Storm/Dante/Viewtiful Joe
Spidey/Joe/Deadpool

Jab, Strong, Fierce, Spider Sting (first hit) Maximum Spider is stupidly easy, and it's a good lead if you pull it out your ass at the start of a match.

Modok vs Joe is so in Joe's favour it's not even funny. Joe can crouch underneath instant jump analyse cubes and under synoic blasters. Assists are the way to go if you're the Modok in that situation or tag out.

Ammy's standing combo (Strong, Fierce, Fierce, Low Fierce, High Fierce, Low Fierce, High Fierce, Launch, Jump, Strong, Fierce, Fierce, Fierce.) is stupidly strong and its very easy to pull off at this early stage in the game, she's probably going to be the character you're going to see everyone use online in their team on day 1 once they learn that combo.

Iron Man's assist where he puts the uda power thing up in the air is by far his best assist. Covers both ground and is an anti-air.

Dead Pool vs Dormamu is totally in Deadpool's favour if he camps and just does guns until he has the meter to hit confirm into hyper. Dormamu can't take control of the ground easily against Deadpool due to him having a very fast and semi-power projectile.

Dante is confusing as hell, he has 40 odd special moves and it's hard to find a use for them all from what I've found anyway.

Overall I love Joe in this game, he's fun as fuck even if he isn't top tier he's really fun to use. Red Hot Kick hitconfirms into all of his Hypers.

Samus Aran

so i just found out today that Hsien-Ko is in this? as an unlockable character i guess? AWESOME

i fucking love Hsien-Ko <333

also, on a much sourer note, i just found out today that C.Viper is in it awdood;

i don't keep up with this stuff lol

Volvagia

Quote from: Presea on February 13, 2011, 07:29:33 PM
so i just found out today that Hsien-Ko is in this? as an unlockable character i guess? AWESOME

i fucking love Hsien-Ko <333

also, on a much sourer note, i just found out today that C.Viper is in it awdood;

i don't keep up with this stuff lol

yeah she's unlockable, and I don't really know of anyone that cares for Viper either lol - I would have much preferred it to be Bison personally but eh.

C.Mongler

I like Viper  :(
[spoiler]but ryu sucks dick though lol[/spoiler]

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 14, 2011, 08:36:04 AM
I like Viper  :(
[spoiler]but ryu sucks dick though lol[/spoiler]

MvC3 is easier than Street Fighter 4 right  huhdoodame;

C.Mongler

Quote from: Kefka on February 14, 2011, 08:50:01 AM
MvC3 is easier than Street Fighter 4 right  huhdoodame;

in a sense yes? they're both complicated in their own way though

C.Mongler

Quote from: Snowy620 on February 14, 2011, 12:36:28 PM
The GameStop I work at is letting us play it tonight at 6PM and at 8 we have an open tournament.

Should I go, and would playing MvC2 help me any?

Yes, and yes. Combos work in the same way. Regardless who gives a shit, just go and have fun nigga

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: C.Mongler on February 14, 2011, 08:55:53 AM
in a sense yes? they're both complicated in their own way though
what I mean its more noob friendly than Street Fighter IV right

C.Mongler

Quote from: Kefka on February 14, 2011, 02:02:25 PM
what I mean its more noob friendly than Street Fighter IV right

you're more likely to win by mashing buttons yes

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Snowy620 on February 14, 2011, 02:41:22 PM
Yessssss giggle; Now, would a team of Dante, Deadpool, and Zero (He's in it, right? :() be any good, or is it just a death wish?
Im going to try and main Dante, Trish, Chris (or atleast till the Jill DLC is released)  giggle;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Volvagia on February 14, 2011, 07:44:03 AM
yeah she's unlockable, and I don't really know of anyone that cares for Viper either lol - I would have much preferred it to be Bison personally but eh.

i think they wanted Viper because they wanted a representative of SF4/SSF4 specifically alongside the classic representatives of the SF franchise

if that's the case, i think Juri would've made more sense, but whatever

either way, with Ryu, Chun-Li, and Akuma, they didn't really need a fourth SF character

Commander Fuckass

picking this shit up tomorrow.  baddood;

Kaz if you get it you should get it for PS3  :(

Go Up