July 08, 2024, 10:15:02 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

how i update wii

Started by Daddy, October 03, 2010, 02:29:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

i has homebrew channel
how i update wii

strongbad

why do you want to update it
also what current version are you running?

Daddy

Quote from: Strongbob on October 03, 2010, 02:50:34 PM
why do you want to update it
also what current version are you running?
i can't get on the wii shopping channel lol

idk 4.2U

C.Mongler

uh there's no way to update to 4.3 without removing all your softmods. learn 2 .wad manager lololololol  hocuspocus;

ikanaide

you can not update when you have homebrew.
1. Take homebrew out the wii
2. Update
3. Put homebrew on the wii

It has very time wasted but it is must!

strongbad

Quote from: Khadafi on October 03, 2010, 03:14:56 PM
i can't get on the wii shopping channel lol

idk 4.2U

um download the .wad files you need yourself and use wadmanager

KonohaShinobi

I really want to mod but I'm scared because I had to send mine in to get fixed back when SSBB came out because the wii wasn't reading discs. Should I take the gamble?

bluaki

Quote from: C Mongler on October 03, 2010, 03:26:49 PM
uh there's no way to update to 4.3 without removing all your softmods.
Nope, simply updating Homebrew Channel before updating the Wii will prevent it from being removed.

Manual WAD installation is never necessary for updates and is easy to screw up. Most homebrew sites I see strongly recommend against doing so.

C.Mongler

Quote from: bluaki on October 04, 2010, 03:10:53 AM
Nope, simply updating Homebrew Channel before updating the Wii will prevent it from being removed.

Manual WAD installation is never necessary for updates and is easy to screw up. Most homebrew sites I see strongly recommend against doing so.

I meant just pirate whatever the hell you want from the store. Manual installation of 4.3U wouldn't work either since its only purpose is to remove homebrew.

You have to update JUST the shop channel manually. Which I'd tell you how to do if Wiibrew wasn't down.

bluaki

Quote from: C Mongler on October 04, 2010, 04:45:35 AM
I meant just pirate whatever the hell you want from the store. Manual installation of 4.3U wouldn't work either since its only purpose is to remove homebrew.

You have to update JUST the shop channel manually. Which I'd tell you how to do if Wiibrew wasn't down.
When I checked Wiibrew yesterday, I think it said that everything in BootMii installer 0.7+ fully supports 4.3U, so I don't think even that is necessary.

C.Mongler

Quote from: bluaki on October 05, 2010, 03:13:20 AM
When I checked Wiibrew yesterday, I think it said that everything in BootMii installer 0.7+ fully supports 4.3U, so I don't think even that is necessary.

how did you check wiibrew, its been down for like 4 days for me. also no where else says upgrading to 4.3U is supported or recommended at all

bluaki

Quote from: C Mongler on October 05, 2010, 04:05:07 AM
how did you check wiibrew, its been down for like 4 days for me. also no where else says upgrading to 4.3U is supported or recommended at all
It's not loading for you?
Well, even Google's cache shows the relevant information: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JTTcaagj6UUJ:wiibrew.org/+wiibrew&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
QuoteWiiBrew recommends that you run the latest version of the HackMii Installer and then optionally update your Wii to 4.3 using Nintendo's official updater.

Only update using the official update procedure. Downgrading or installing patched updates is unsupported, dangerous, and may permanently brick your Wii.

On the top of absolutely every single page on the site.

C.Mongler

Quote from: bluaki on October 05, 2010, 03:03:24 PM
It's not loading for you?
Well, even Google's cache shows the relevant information: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JTTcaagj6UUJ:wiibrew.org/+wiibrew&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=usOn the top of absolutely every single page on the site.

the fuck, it has a blank page cached for me. But wouldn't using their official updater remove your brews, considering thats the only reason it exists? I've never used the official updater, son i am confuse

bluaki

Quote from: C Mongler on October 05, 2010, 03:38:45 PM
the fuck, it has a blank page cached for me. But wouldn't using their official updater remove your brews, considering thats the only reason it exists? I've never used the official updater, son i am confuse
Nintendo's updates remove channels having a specific internal name associated with an old version of HBC. So the HBC people merely update it to change that name to completely circumvent the issue. Sometimes a little more happens than that, but I think those other changes have no effect on already-installed homebrew.

Ever since installing HBC over a year and a half ago, every Wii update I've done was through the official updater and I've never had any problems other than occasionally waiting a couple weeks after its release before updating so that HBC can update first.

I have no idea whether those updates have an effect on pirated VC/WiiWare channels, though.

C.Mongler

Quote from: bluaki on October 05, 2010, 06:05:29 PM
Nintendo's updates remove channels having a specific internal name associated with an old version of HBC. So the HBC people merely update it to change that name to completely circumvent the issue. Sometimes a little more happens than that, but I think those other changes have no effect on already-installed homebrew.

Ever since installing HBC over a year and a half ago, every Wii update I've done was through the official updater and I've never had any problems other than occasionally waiting a couple weeks after its release before updating so that HBC can update first.

I have no idea whether those updates have an effect on pirated VC/WiiWare channels, though.

I used a third party updater for 4.2 that updated the 4.2 without installing any of the files that remove your homebrew. Which no such application exists for 4.3u. I don't know, like I said I can't really find any detailed guide as to how to update to 4.3u or anyone even recommending to do so.

Go Up