September 23, 2024, 08:22:58 PM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The circle of Fife.

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, September 29, 2010, 11:22:56 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

So I've been taking my lunches out to the back corner of the university lately where the art building is and where people generally dont go as much. The weather's been fine, so I've been outside on the lawn, enjoying the sunlight and the occasional puffy clouds,  plus the ones in the sky.

Today I packed the remainder of my fridge.

Contents
-A meager ham sandwich
-Three apples
-An "organic" half pint of strawberry banana fruit juice.
-An entire bag of swedish fish. (Yes they were in my fridge, bitch)

So I'm enjoying my lunch and my crummy attitude (too much school related work plus very little free time = a me with a short(er) fuse) and the nice air when I saw this squirrel flipping around in the tree above me.

When I say flipping, I mean doing these crazy aerial stunts around the branches. For no apparant reason other than he could, I guess. It was hilarious and when I tried pointing it out to this group of smokers within earshot, they looked as if I was some sort of weirdo who eats his lunch alone on the lawn while watching squirrels do acrobatics in the trees.

That's not me.

Actually it is.

But anyhow, I'm watching this squirrel move and groove and I'm chomping on my fake deli ham sandwich and getting my teeth caught on swedish fish entrails and I'm having a good time. I considered blowing off class to watch him dance around for a bit more and then take a long overdue hike, but my "good" senses kicked in and I headed to class.

Afterwards, I headed back out to do some reading and I gravitated back to the spot I was in before and sat under a different tree, but I saw the same damn squirrel running up and down the same tree as before. Instead of doing his normal tree limb tango, he would head down his tree, run across the road for a minute, then run back across and do something at the base of the tree, then run back up it. He did this several times before I had to head to my next class.

So class finished and I was tired and ready to be home so I walked to my car. As I crossed the road, I saw the squirrel, except instead of doing his old routine, he was now just a sputtered mess in the middle of the road. The result of a meeting with a tire and a stupid driver.

I looked at his tree a little closer and apparantly he had stacked about six or seven or ten green walnuts at the base.

All that work and look where it got him.

Some days I feel like a squirrel.

jackodood;

Classic

??????

It's better to burn out than fade away cry;

Anyways, I used to have a pet squirrel of my own--his name was Deano, although I'm not entirely sure what his gender was. I wasn't knowledgeable in the sexual dimorphism of squirrels (I thought they were somewhat like humans), but the small bump I saw was enough for me to call it a male.

We've found him in our fence's corner where he fell from a grand oak tree and was hidden by the abandoned cages of my birds. This luckily protected him from my dogs--Senator Rocky and Sparky who kept hovering around the spot rather than playing around in the backyard. This made my father/mother (I can't remember which) investigate why they were there--perhaps they've found a dead rat! Instead, they've found a baby squirrel and my mother immediately fed it warm milk from an eye dropper. When Deano grew larger, he started to treat the eye dropper as a bottle and treat it like a human would to a baby's bottle. Anthropomorphism always makes me feel tingly, it makes me feel like animals are similar to us than we'd like to imagine.

When he was around several months old, he used to make nests in our towels and rob toilet paper from the bathroom and hide pieces of sandwiches in the hoods of our hoodies. He also liked to climb up your body and hide in your pockets, expecting a treat or your hand to tickle his fluffy belly. I used to have tickle fights with him, but I was unsure of trimming his nails--I wasn't sure if they had blood vessels inside of them like some birds do. I loved it when he got tired too, he'd rub his ass against the floor and walk with his two front paws and stay there until I picked him up and placed him in his nest.

My mom made him live outside when he was very aggressive towards my brother. (He also broke several kitchen appliances by gnawing on their wires) We've never seen him again cry;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on September 29, 2010, 11:39:41 PM
It's better to burn out than fade away cry;

Anyways, I used to have a pet squirrel of my own--his name was Deano, although I'm not entirely sure what his gender was. I wasn't knowledgeable in the sexual dimorphism of squirrels (I thought they were somewhat like humans), but the small bump I saw was enough for me to call it a male.

We've found him in our fence's corner where he fell from a grand oak tree and was hidden by the abandoned cages of my birds. This luckily protected him from my dogs--Senator Rocky and Sparky who kept hovering around the spot rather than playing around in the backyard. This made my father/mother (I can't remember which) investigate why they were there--perhaps they've found a dead rat! Instead, they've found a baby squirrel and my mother immediately fed it warm milk from an eye dropper. When Deano grew larger, he started to treat the eye dropper as a bottle and treat it like a human would to a baby's bottle. Anthropomorphism always makes me feel tingly, it makes me feel like animals are similar to us than we'd like to imagine.

When he was around several months old, he used to make nests in our towels and rob toilet paper from the bathroom and hide pieces of sandwiches in the hoods of our hoodies. He also liked to climb up your body and hide in your pockets, expecting a treat or your hand to tickle his fluffy belly. I used to have tickle fights with him, but I was unsure of trimming his nails--I wasn't sure if they had blood vessels inside of them like some birds do. I loved it when he got tired too, he'd rub his ass against the floor and walk with his two front paws and stay there until I picked him up and placed him in his nest.

My mom made him live outside when he was very aggressive towards my brother. (He also broke several kitchen appliances by gnawing on their wires) We've never seen him again cry;

When I was like eight or nine my friend and I found this real tiny baby bird just hopping around under my porch. So he grabbed a twig and stuck it out and the bird jumped on it and started singing and tried2 to fly.

I ran in the house and told my mother and when we both came back out my friend was near the road looking at the ground. The bird was lying dead on the grassy divider between the curb and the sidewalk. He said that it just fell off and stopped moving.

That little fucker killed it, I know it. I blamed him for killing the bird and stopped talking to him, which was an accomplishment at nine years old.

He turned out to be a heavy drug user who lives in his grandmother's basement.

Dios Mio.

Socks

September 30, 2010, 12:29:11 AM #4 Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:37:10 AM by Socks
Quote from: Fandango on September 29, 2010, 11:22:56 PM
It was hilarious and when I tried pointing it out to this group of smokers within earshot, they looked as if I was some sort of weirdo who eats his lunch alone on the lawn while watching squirrels do acrobatics in the trees.

That's not me.

Actually it is.

me too likewise. it's the trees that draw me in. then the grass takes over, prickling as i course through it. i can't help but enjoy the sunshine--it warm. and i might as well be comfortable. but what's really necessary is a subject to peruse; my very own muse, the chance encounter of which is marvelous! you see, from the beginning it could disappear, and forever fall into oblivion. but when it's sustained, splendidly, it is simply wonderful. there is a sublime intimacy in that moment, and there's nothing else quite like it. although it defies explanation, it can be seen and even felt. because it is spontaneous, and also because it is permanent, it extends far beyond me. so i revel in its wake and cherish it in passing. then when i feel i've had it, i let it lie there, where it waits for me again.

Veal

The last line really got me ;_;

Kalahari Inkantation

This is a beautiful piece of writing. cry;

??????

Quote from: Veal on September 30, 2010, 12:37:55 AM
The last line really got me ;_;
I enjoyed his:
"That's not me.

Actually it is."
:3

FAMY2

Nyerp

C.Mongler

what the fuck why are your threads always so interesting. i should publish a book called "a collection of posts by boognish"

YPrrrr

I always knew Boognish was going to be a great n_n

What do you major in anyway?

Hiro

ikanaide

Nice story ^_^ I enjoyed to read it,

?????

Quote from: C Mongler on September 30, 2010, 10:45:47 AM
what the fuck why are your threads always so interesting. i should publish a book called "a collection of posts by boognish"
This.

Seriously Boognish should become an author. Write for a magazine or do your own books or something mang.
Die for Dethklok

Go Up