May 11, 2024, 03:11:55 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Teachers?

Started by Sports1, June 03, 2007, 03:42:27 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Sports1

Do you think they ever learned the stuff there teaching us and used it in life? I mean it all depends on the career you go into, you don't need it all.

Your thoughts.

Pancake Paraphernalia

number stations

mariofreak55

Well it's not like you know exactly what you're going to do when you grow up, so I think that it's best to learn as much as you can so you have a ton of different roads open when you grow up and are choosing a career. Knowledge isn't a bad thing.

The artist formally known

My mom is a teacher and sucks at math so badly, she didn't know the answer to a simple math problem.  psyduck;

They use it in real life, but not that much. School is just a day care center really, you have to relearn everything you learned in high school in college again. Of course the courses are a little tougher.

Sports1

Quote from: Reaper on June 03, 2007, 09:51:03 PM
My mom is a teacher and sucks at math so badly, she didn't know the answer to a simple math problem.  psyduck;

They use it in real life, but not that much. School is just a day care center really, you have to relearn everything you learned in high school in college again. Of course the courses are a little tougher.

I say lets learn it in college.

And why is college shorter? What I mean is, you don't spend the whole day there most of the time and it gets done sooner than noraml school.

Pancake Paraphernalia

Almost every teacher taught decent stuff, but I didn't really learn anything since teachers repeat so much. My fourth grasde teacher was HORRIBLE though. Nobody who got him has EVER liked him.
number stations

heltar

i think im going to be in calc BC next year instead of AB if i can convince my teacher :D

Houdini

Most teachers don't know how to teach. I'm not going to go into detail here, it's a pretty touchy subject for me.

heltar

Quote from: helter skelter on June 04, 2007, 08:26:23 PM
i think im going to be in calc BC next year instead of AB if i can convince my teacher :D

I don't know why i posted this here....anyways,

Half of my teachers know what they're talkign about...that would be Precalc and Physics. My Physics teacher was in NASA, and was going to be an astronaut, but they wouldn't make spacesuits that big (he's 6'7") so yeah, he knows what he's doing.

My german teacher knows German, but not how to teach. She's nucking futs
and my english teacher treats us like babies, thank god i'm out of that class

Pancake Paraphernalia

Some of our teachers at school are racist.
number stations

mariofreak55

Quote from: helter skelter on June 09, 2007, 04:58:05 PM
Quote from: helter skelter on June 04, 2007, 08:26:23 PM

I don't know why i posted this here....anyways,

Half of my teachers know what they're talkign about...that would be Precalc and Physics. My Physics teacher was in NASA, and was going to be an astronaut, but they wouldn't make spacesuits that big (he's 6'7") so yeah, he knows what he's doing.

My german teacher knows German, but not how to teach. She's nucking futs
and my english teacher treats us like babies, thank god i'm out of that class
Your german teacher sounds like my old Spanish teacher. it was like they hired someone just because they could speak Spanish..

Daddy

When I was in 4th grade we learned about mummies,  I seriously doubt ANYONE except the few people who actually go to study them will ever use that knowledge.  There is no reason to spend nearly the entire year on something to so pointless.  It's a major waste of tax-payer money.    Countries like China and Japan are learning stuff that will actually be used in life.  We need more focus on Math, Science, and Writing.  When students are in the higher grades History will become important, but when in Elementary school history is pointless. I don't remember anything I learned about History in elementary school.

ncba93ivyase

Quote from: JMV290 on June 11, 2007, 11:25:07 PM
When I was in 4th grade we learned about mummies,  I seriously doubt ANYONE except the few people who actually go to study them will ever use that knowledge.  There is no reason to spend nearly the entire year on something to so pointless.  It's a major waste of tax-payer money.    Countries like China and Japan are learning stuff that will actually be used in life.  We need more focus on Math, Science, and Writing.  When students are in the higher grades History will become important, but when in Elementary school history is pointless. I don't remember anything I learned about History in elementary school.
It can't hurt to expose us to information like that. If you can't be taught that history can be and was exciting at a young age, it's not something people will ever want to learn. You can't expect 8 year olds to be intrigued and amazed by slavery and how our nation was founded; you can expect them to be amazed by pharaohs and hidden treasures.

Here in America, we're exposed to a variety of things in order to lead us to be creative. The more we can experience, the more ideas we can produce. While most may be "useless," it's the foundation of our imagination.

Asia works more towards maths and sciences. Why exactly? They focus more on advancing and refining ideas and technologies, not creating them. Look where many of the world's cars and computers are designed, created, and studied. Now look where they're manufactured.

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

susumu

I usually remember the more stupid things they said.

Sports1

Quote from: susumu on June 17, 2007, 08:46:55 AM
I usually remember the more stupid things they said.

Same here.

I just like how all my teachers get off-topic.

Go Up