October 01, 2024, 07:28:07 PM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

3DS RELEASE DATE AND PRICE

Started by Hiro, September 28, 2010, 06:23:26 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Volvagia on September 29, 2010, 04:51:10 PM
Very, very likeable. Nintendo take a lot of "pride" in their online system, when they really shouldn't. Typing out a 24 (i think it's that long anyway.) digit code per game is fucking retarded.
I think it'll have some similarities, but they will definitely make improvements. Nintendo's not proud of their online system, Iwata himself has said that he knows there's problems with it and that they're looking into ways to fix it.

Maybe this time it'll be one system-wide friend code  wariodood;

Classic

Also, players will receive invites from friends to play online. Say if you were playing Street Fighter or Mario Kart, you'd get an invitation. It's been done on other consoles, but it's a start.

bluaki

A little note about this foreign exchange stuff: Japanese DS games vary in price more than US ones, but the most popular ones (like Pokemon) generally seem to have retail price of 4800 Yen at launch; about $55~60, in contrast to the $35 that US stores charge.

I don't think Nintendo feels much of a need to announce the US launch price at a Japanese press conference, where they're not even giving the exact US release date. They'll probably announce our price the same time as our exact release date.

ikanaide

most game I see are about 3000 yen. But then I don't buy release game often but I will assume they can't be more than about 4000. I have never buyed game which was 4800 before because that would be mega-expensive 0_~

C.Mongler

Quote from: IKANAIDE on September 30, 2010, 08:18:23 AM
most game I see are about 3000 yen. But then I don't buy release game often but I will assume they can't be more than about 4000. I have never buyed game which was 4800 before because that would be mega-expensive 0_~

How coincidental, 4800 yen is about 57 dollars here, and our games IN AMERICA generally go for $60 USD, which no one gives a flibbity flop about

Daddy

Quote from: C Mongler on September 30, 2010, 10:06:42 AM
How coincidental, 4800 yen is about 57 dollars here, and our games IN AMERICA generally go for $60 USD, which no fuck gives a flibbity flop about
I think he was talking about DS games but i am not entirely sure.

ME##

Quote from: Khadafi on September 30, 2010, 10:23:58 AM
I think he was talking about DS games but i am not entirely sure.

I'm pretty sure too.

Like when Final Fantasy XIII was released in Japan, it was Ã,Â¥8,800 [or about there] for just the standard edition.  goonish

Wrench

Price is fucking ridiculous. I will not pay $300 for this unless I suddenly get rich.

I still want it really badly though

ME##

I've heard it'll come with immediate buyer's remorse too.

Nyerp

ME##

ME##

Kalahari Inkantation

ME##

Go Up