September 28, 2024, 06:19:49 AM

1,531,324 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

WHO SHOT FIRST?

Started by Samus Aran, September 21, 2010, 09:45:54 PM

previous topic - next topic

??????

Han
14 (58.3%)
Greedo
10 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closes: February 06, 2106, 10:28:15 PM

Go Down

Selkie

Greedo shot first but missed, Han shot second and didn't.

This is common knowledge I thought.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Selkie on September 22, 2010, 12:08:16 PM

... Lucas changed it, initially Han shot first, but in the special edition with added effects, Greedo shot first. Which makes no sense, how do you miss at point blank range doodhuh;

wawi

THE ONLY PERSON TO FIRE WAS HAN
GTFO WHOEVER SAID GREEDO

Samus Aran

Quote from: Selkie on September 22, 2010, 12:08:16 PM

the point of the argument is to illustrate a common problem with Lucas: editing in new content does not always improve a film

in the original release, and the subsequent slightly better quality VHS release (pre-Special Edition), Greedo didn't shoot at all - Han shot Greedo, knowing full well that it was kill or be killed at that point

but Lucas apparently thought that shooting first made Han seem like too much of a "bad guy," so he had his boys do some rather bad digital editing where Greedo shot first and Han somehow moved his head to the side just in time to not get the ends of his hair fried, making Han look like some sort of silly robot man (his head moves, his neck not so much)

it's just one example of how Lucas keeps fucking us over with these "enhancements"...i mean, adding Hayden Christensen into Return of the Jedi? adding Naboo and Jar-Jar into the celebration part in that same film? really? come on. and while it was nice to see Mos Eisley a little more active, some of that was unnecessary and cheesy as well. but what really takes the cake is the lame musical number in Jabba's Palace.

Nyerp

why are people so obsessive about star wars

Hiro

I had a dream last night that Greedo overtook Han in this poll  akudood;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on September 22, 2010, 01:17:22 PM

why not

it's the penultimate story - every genre wrapped into sci-fi, drawing from westerns, fantasy, romance, everything

it's pretty much every story ever told boiled down into one, but at the same time, it's so much more than that

idk i just fucking love star wars, always have

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on September 22, 2010, 01:38:07 PM
never seen it, lol n_n

well if you ever bother seeing it, don't watch the prequels first

or at all, necessarily

Nyerp

Quote from: Lain on September 22, 2010, 01:38:48 PM
well if you ever bother seeing it, don't watch the prequels first

or at all, necessarily

too late n_u

Cookie

Quote from: Nyerp on September 22, 2010, 01:17:22 PM

Expanded Universe is what I love.  giggle;

bluaki

I just watched the trilogy for my first time like three months ago and, in whatever version I torrented, Greedo doesn't shoot.

But why do people care so much about that detail? It seems insignificant and hardly noticeable to me.

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on September 22, 2010, 03:14:41 PM
I just watched the trilogy for my first time like three months ago and, in whatever version I torrented, Greedo doesn't shoot.

But why do people care so much about that detail? It seems insignificant and hardly noticeable to me.

well, people who are rabid fans like me tend to exaggerate a detail's importance

still, it's just annoying that Lucas has this "films are never finished, only abandoned" philosophy and takes it so literally to the point where he'll look for anything and everything he can change

the only massive improvement he made was sharpening the picture in general - the special edition looked so crisp and clean compared to past versions that it was like really seeing them over again

but most of the other changes were unncessary

C.Mongler

Samus Aran

Quote from: C Mongler on September 22, 2010, 04:10:06 PM
chewbacca shot first

i can do a pretty good chewbacca impression sometimes, though it usually takes a couple tries to get it right

Go Up