July 08, 2024, 09:34:56 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Halo Reach General

Started by C.Mongler, September 14, 2010, 09:11:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Cookie

So my little brother got Reach and is letting me play it on his Xbox. Seems like a typical Halo game, and I love that.  happydood;

Swift

is the campaign really six hours?  If so I'm fucking pissed.  This is supposed to be an improvement from ODST.
after i'm gone your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satelites, and that's how it's going to be.

Cookie

Quote from: Swift on September 21, 2010, 01:37:24 PM
is the campaign really six hours?  If so I'm fucking pissed.  This is supposed to be an improvement from ODST.

I feel like every Halo game campaign is about that long.

wawi

I heard people beat it in 3.5 hours

Swift

I don't know but ODST made a huge deal about it.
after i'm gone your earth will be free to live out its miserable span of existence, as one of my satelites, and that's how it's going to be.

Travis

this campaign felt way longer than that

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Travis on September 21, 2010, 06:12:47 PM
this campaign felt way longer than that
took me and a couple of friends to beat Legendary in 12 hours  doodhuh;

strongbad

Quote from: Noble 6 on September 22, 2010, 07:43:56 AM
took me and a couple of friends to beat Legendary in 12 hours  doodhuh;

yeah my friend and i spent about 8 doing heroic

Geno

Uh if you're on the easiest difficulty probably.
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: GENOP on September 22, 2010, 02:09:33 PM
Uh if you're on the easiest difficulty probably.

I'm still baffled as why he would want Halo reach to be 12+ hours, Its not like its an RPG  n_u Most people dont play the campaign anyway

KonohaShinobi

I beat the campaign, made no sense to me. I found the story boring, combat was fun though. The characters had zero personality, and the game tries really hard to make you connect to them but it's so dificult when nothing interesting is going on. [spoiler]Kat's death[/spoiler]seemed so insignificant. and the big outer space scene that was hyped so much, is short but it goes on a little TOO long IMO. And it's not that fun. It did make me wish for an HD Star Fox game though, if that counts for something.

As for the game's finale, it did that cop-out Gears 2 ending bullshit [spoiler]hold the trigger to shoot 1 laser and kill the "boss"[/spoiler] lame.

The only awesome thing in the campaign was after the credits rolled. That was some awesome shit every game should do if it wants to be as depressing as Reach.

I guess I found the story so boring because I never played any other halo story, but I can assume, that those deep in halo lore would have loved it, so that I understand, but the game was being advertised as something even newbies could enjoy, for the story at least, and I did not see any reaching toward that "never played halo" demographic at all.

Geno

Does anyone actually read Kono's really really long posts about video games?
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Cookie

Quote from: GENOP on September 23, 2010, 05:38:35 PM
Does anyone actually read Kono's really really long posts about video games?

I don't. Especially when it's about halo.

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on September 23, 2010, 12:21:34 PM
I beat the campaign, made no sense to me. I found the story boring, combat was fun though. The characters had zero personality, and the game tries really hard to make you connect to them but it's so dificult when nothing interesting is going on. [spoiler]Kat's death[/spoiler]seemed so insignificant. and the big outer space scene that was hyped so much, is short but it goes on a little TOO long IMO. And it's not that fun. It did make me wish for an HD Star Fox game though, if that counts for something.

As for the game's finale, it did that cop-out Gears 2 ending bullshit [spoiler]hold the trigger to shoot 1 laser and kill the "boss"[/spoiler] lame.

The only awesome thing in the campaign was after the credits rolled. That was some awesome shit every game should do if it wants to be as depressing as Reach.

I guess I found the story so boring because I never played any other halo story, but I can assume, that those deep in halo lore would have loved it, so that I understand, but the game was being advertised as something even newbies could enjoy, for the story at least, and I did not see any reaching toward that "never played halo" demographic at all.
Only other halo game that I played was Halo Wars and I fucking loved the Halo Reach campaign

Go Up