September 12, 2024, 03:44:05 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Music as goodness you can actually feel

Started by Samus Aran, September 08, 2010, 09:01:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Sometimes, when listening to certain songs really loud with my in-ear earbuds, I love the little tickle that the vibrations give the inside of my ear. Low-pitched, heavily-layered, "fuzzy" guitars tend to do this, especially.

Does this make me weird?  giggle;

Nyerp

Samus Aran

with some songs having it that loud is just painful or annoying, yes, but sometimes it's best that way

like, i love the way My Bloody Valentine feels when it's really fucking loud in my ears giggle;

spaceman

My Bloody Valentine + Sennheiser headphones + high volume

Socks

i consume music nightly to the high moon, shining, like who on top of this?

Nyerp

Quote from: Socks on September 08, 2010, 11:26:26 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, Socks!

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on September 08, 2010, 11:26:26 PM

that sentence doesn't even have anything to fucking do with the thread

Socks

Quote from: Lain on September 08, 2010, 11:28:42 PM
that sentence doesn't even have anything to fucking do with the thread

that is a curious thing to say of a deliberate statement.  doodthing;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on September 08, 2010, 11:52:20 PM
that is a curious thing to say of a deliberate statement.  doodthing;

look, socks

i like poetics and grandiose ways of explaining the unexplainable as much as the next person, but you're applying to things that it doesn't need to be applied to. or are you? i can't even be sure when you're so damn cryptic.

this is a thread about exactly what i posted in my first post. it is not about the consumption of music, "shining, like who on top of this." first of all, that phrase doesn't even make any sense to us. secondly, there's nothing in that post that even somewhat implies the physical feeling that this thread is about

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I love reading what socks has to say.  giggle;

But "Ob la di Ob la da" is a red hot radioactive shot of pure unadulterated happiness. It's the equivalent to running down a street in a big city that's lined with people waving at you.

??????

I understood Socks and thought his comment placed itself snug in this thread.  giggle;

Samus Aran

well then please tell him, in your guys' special dolphin language, that he needs to start speaking human

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

It was quite fitting, like a silk glove on the hand of a wanton harlot who quietly snatched the wallet out of your back pocket as you exit the brothel.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fandango on September 09, 2010, 12:17:16 PM
It was quite fitting, like a silk glove on the hand of a wanton harlot who quietly snatched the wallet out of your back pocket as you exit the brothel.

but that actually made sense

LCK

Quote from: Lain on September 09, 2010, 11:37:50 AM
well then please tell him, in your guys' special dolphin language, that he needs to start speaking human
holy shit lol this made me laugh

Go Up