September 12, 2024, 03:37:13 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Sketch of the Day No. 2

Started by Socks, September 03, 2010, 11:58:06 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

1 hour on 9" x 12" mid grade medium

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hiro

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

the shortest route to the sea

Second. Got most of the facial structure right (at a really difficult angle, too), but the eye's a bit off. Did you do this from a mirror, picture, or just out of the annals of your cran-ium.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Samus Aran

much better than the other sketch you posted, but like everyone keeps saying, that left eye is messed up bro

other than that it's a great sketch

Socks

I indeed revised the left eye, although I was partial to it, even in conception. The new look is startling. I'm particular about the eyes, you see, they're exquisite. Anyhow, much appreciation for your appraise. In truth, however, there were many prior practices of the same figure. The idea arose in a glance from a mirror, to which I paused. For some time, I observed myself. And so a quick sketch was endeavoredââ,¬Â¦ and even more quickly discarded. Finally, I used a picture in conjunction with some posing, the former mostly for reference, the later for impression. The result of which pleases me, somewhat. Oh, on a curious note, I'm really satisfied with how my chest hair area came out.  That is all.

Go Up