September 12, 2024, 03:37:19 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Word on the street is........

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, September 01, 2010, 07:35:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

So I've been finagling around with some really fun hardware that I purchased a while ago and decided to make a little (albeit kind of crummy) video to demonstrate. It's nothing serious or genuine or even interesting, but it's a thing to watch and people generally like watching things, right?

Anyhow, it's a Kaossilator pro and its earlier iteration paired with the emphasis being placed on the far superior "pro" version, where most of the sound is being generated from.

For those unfamiliar, they're both phrase synthesizers which can loop internal (and external with the pro) sounds to compose potential "music", hence the repetitious nature. But it's a hell of a lot of fun to mess around on and can yield some fantastic relaxation sessions.

So anyhow, here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gyz8bicGi2Q[/youtube]

You should probably wear headphones or it'll sound shitty.

burzumfan420

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

?????

This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure to accept this user's friend request.
Die for Dethklok

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: TheSequel on September 01, 2010, 07:38:28 PM
This is a private video. If you have been sent this video, please make sure to accept this user's friend request.

Ok, it should be fixed.

burzumfan420

that thing is hella cool. how much it cost

?????

That was pretty cool. I think I'll play it while doing homework.
Die for Dethklok

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: burzumfan420 on September 01, 2010, 07:44:26 PM
that thing is hella cool. how much it cost

It's four hundred for the pro, but the ko1 should be under two hundred by now. The Ko1 is more portable as it runs on AA's and is obviously smaller, but it lacks the external looping capabilities as well as MIDI and the ability to load/save programs and loops.

I was absolutely taken with the Ko1 when I first discovered it at guitar center a year ago and the purchase of the pro was sort of impulsive.

Go Up