September 12, 2024, 03:48:20 AM

1,531,311 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

movies that are 2deep4u

Started by ??????, August 29, 2010, 06:33:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Thyme

The Fountain. >_<'

also i'm not sure what they were going for with the social network's ending

Veal

haha I love almost all of these movies you guys have posted. I won't get into why for each of them but it's usually the beauty of them (combination of music/cinematography/dialogue as in There Will Be Blood and The Fountain) or the unique and ridiculous humor (A Serious Man and American Psycho). I'm not even going to pretend to be aware of some "higher meaning" in movies like this (like the end of No Country), anybody who claims to really gets things like that on the first watch is either a savant or a liar. I usually have to go and read an indepth analysis of the movie before it clicks, or just say, "Who cares. It was beautiful."

Thyme

Quote from: Veal on October 18, 2010, 02:27:22 PM
haha I love almost all of these movies you guys have posted. I won't get into why for each of them but it's usually the beauty of them (combination of music/cinematography/dialogue as in There Will Be Blood and The Fountain) or the unique and ridiculous humor (A Serious Man and American Psycho). I'm not even going to pretend to be aware of some "higher meaning" in movies like this (like the end of No Country), anybody who claims to really gets things like that on the first watch is either a savant or a liar. I usually have to go and read an indepth analysis of the movie before it clicks, or just say, "Who cares. It was beautiful."

I feel the same. I really did like The Fountain, I just feel like I missed something important. awdood;

Veal

Quote from: Thyme on October 18, 2010, 02:29:02 PM
I feel the same. I really did like The Fountain, I just feel like I missed something important. awdood;

Yeah, I've seen it like four times now and read an analysis of it and I still don't really get what's going on shrugdood;

Thyme

oh yeah, pan's labyrinth

i don't understand why it had so much world war II italia and so few pan's labyrinth sillydood;

??????

Nyerp

Quote from: Thyme on November 22, 2010, 09:50:08 PM
oh yeah, pan's labyrinth

i don't understand why it had so much world war II italia and so few pan's labyrinth sillydood;

world war II italia? the fuck are you talking about

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thyme on November 22, 2010, 09:50:08 PM
oh yeah, pan's labyrinth

it's the Spanish Civil War doodthing;

the protagonist is stuck living in a small base run by a fascist general, and there are rebels out in the woods

where on earth did you get "WWII Italia" from

also the fact that such incredible violence is going on around her is one of the reasons that the stakes are so high for her, and the violent scenes help to paint her father-in-law as a ruthless general, which is pretty much absolutely necessary for the tension at the climax of the film, and for us to sympathize with her, her mother, and the rebels, as well as everyone else who is practically a hostage at the base

the fantasy aspect is like a child escaping from the horrors with imagination, or something to that degree

Andria

Thyme did you even watch Pan's Labyrinth?  huhdoodame;

Thyme

Replace "world war II Italia" with Spanish civil war, then. doodthing;

Nyerp

lol did you mix spanish and italian up

Thyme

Quote from: Panty on November 23, 2010, 09:24:06 AM
lol did you mix spanish and italian up

i watched it dubbed, so no

Nyerp

Samus Aran