July 08, 2024, 10:12:01 AM

1,531,276 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Things you do in videogames.

Started by spaceman, August 26, 2010, 02:08:10 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

spaceman

What's a little quirk or mandatory action you always seem to do whenever you're playing a game?

I always make sure to do a backflip or a spin into the stars in the 3d super mario games.

Pressing a combination of buttons repeatedly in any Pokemon game when I throw a Pokeball. I know it doesn't affect catch rate at all but I did it when I was a tiny little child and it's kind of habit at this point.

Hopping up and down on straightaways/whenever I can in Mario Kart games.

Like most people I always reload after firing, no matter how many rounds are left in a magazine or clip. I could fire one bullet and have 28 left in a mag, I always reload. Really fucked me up with Alien Swarm because you lose the rounds you throw away.

Plants vs Zombies - everything must be symmetrical  baddood;

Go.

Hiro

On Mario Party, I continually press L (or whatever button it is) when it isn't my turn, making my character shout their little thing over and over.  akudood;
Also on nearly every game ever I am overly cautious, yet I still die more than I should myface;

Samus Aran

in pokemon i press the b button every time the pokeball bounces and i SWEAR it has an effect i KNOW IT

in games where you can basically save right where you stand, i save like a maniac, like every 3 minutes...like bioshock, fallout, mass effect, etc.

in fallout and oblivion i collect every weapon i can. armor, not so much, but i love hoarding as many weapons as possible in my house. especially unique ones. i go out of my way to pick up unique weapons even if they suck statistically, like "the break" or "the board of education" (pool que and 2x4 w/nail, respectively) in fallout 3

i jump way more than i need to in lots of games just for the hell of it, and in various sidescrolling platformers i purposely take huge risks on jumps and acrobatics i know i probably can't make. i also do this in mario 64...i die a lot in that game simply from trying to show off...to no one. myself i guess.

YPrrrr

Quote from: Hïro on August 26, 2010, 02:12:43 PM
On Mario Party, I continually press L (or whatever button it is) when it isn't my turn, making my character shout their little thing over and over.  akudood;
I want to hit you already akudood;

ME##

Jumping repeatedly in hopes that it'll make my character move faster.

Quote from: fluxus on August 26, 2010, 02:08:10 PM
Pressing a combination of buttons repeatedly in any Pokemon game when I throw a Pokeball. I know it doesn't affect catch rate at all but I did it when I was a tiny little child and it's kind of habit at this point..

I did this too.  O_0

Nyerp

in platformers (especially on gba) where pressing b affects your speed, i hold b down the whole time i play

it's probably why i die so much in them

rdl

in zelda i roll everywhere

in pokemon i always have godawful luck if i dont hold down a and down on the dpad.

in mario i usually have to find a shortcut before i go the normal way.

Cookie

Yeah I did the same thing pressing b when I threw a pokeball. I catch myself sometimes pressing A or X over and over when I'm reading text in games wanting it to speed up, even if it has no effect.

strongbad

Reloading and saving as much as possible.

Also semi-related, i was watching a girl play Super Mario Bros the other day and she DIDN'T RUN AT ALL. So that bugged me.

?????

I think the only weird thing i do is reload.
Die for Dethklok

Infel

Megaman X4/5/6, jumping repeatedly into the corner of the screen for no real reason other than it looks funny. HUPHUPHUPHUPHUPHUPHUPHUPHUPHUPHUP

Mando Pandango

The other day I realized that if there's a map that becomes filled in as you explore new rooms, I have to fill in the entire map no matter how pointless certain rooms and areas are.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on September 02, 2010, 12:20:09 AM
The other day I realized that if there's a map that becomes filled in as you explore new rooms, I have to fill in the entire map no matter how pointless certain rooms and areas are.

ME FUCKING TOO!

I never even did this before but I just started SMT: Strange Journey and I compulsively go into every single corner! Even if I know it's just a big room and there is nothing on the sides I walk torwards it to complete the map!

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: steal on September 04, 2010, 12:28:07 AM
I think everyone does the pokeball thing.

I don't and never have. I guess it's because I never really heard about it doing anything as a kid on the playground.

Bolivian Army

When the opportunity presents itself, I'll use a sniper rifle to zoom in on naughty lady parts.  baddood;

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Go Up